Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 03:25 AM

48 posts, read 156,834 times

Advertisements

Thank you agstacker. Charllotte and Punta Gorda are very boat mooring orientated locations (and pointless if you don't own a boat), with no beaches locally without driving miles north to Venice or South to Fort Myres or towards Naples. So Estero and Bonita Springs would be a mid way compromise between Venice and Naples then. Thank you for the tip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 10:30 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

I find it hard to believe that Naples is that much warmer in the winter considering the ocean temps are what drive the air temps in the winter. I've never seen a forcast that was more than a couple of degrees different. Also it will not be in C but F.

The ocean temps are the same.
I agree. I check the weather all the time and there's very little difference. For example, take Naples right now 12:27 am EST on 11/20. It is 60 degrees according to The Weather Channel. Sarasota, which is over 100 miles north of Naples is 59 degrees. Not a big difference. Tampa, which is even further north is 58.4 degrees.

If someone wants to compare cities, it only takes a few seconds to type the words "weather Naples" or "weather Sarasota" in your browser or you can get on Wunderground, Accuweather or the Weather Channel site and type a zip code or city in the search box.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:58 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
Having responded to the OP in other threads, my advice is to bite the bullet, get on a plane, and spend a few weeks in the SW FL area. It will then become evident what the different 'areas' have/offer, the logistics of 'getting to the beach' and some of your other requirements.
Definitely!

I want to mention that the listing price is not the only factor to consider when looking for a condo in SWFL. Often you'll see a listing that's in your price range, but the association fees add up to more than $500/month.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:08 PM

68 posts, read 211,272 times
Hey Purple,

Where abouts in England are you from? Just curious, love England and the Brits.. Anyway, reason i ask, if perhaps Estero and Bonita may feel a little too unfinished and empty for you. Given England is so much more populated than FL. Naples, however seems to hit the nail on the head, with the right mix of buzz and relaxation. I work in Estero, and the place is definitely missing something. Bonita though it has some nice communities, it also has a lot of undesirable areas. My vote is Naples, yes it costs a little more, BUT you're getting a lot more for your money. The place has everything that a Brit could ever dream of. Anyway, PM me if you need any help on any info. I know lots of Brits and I could even have some give you some good personal recommendations on the Naples lifestyle and best parts to relocate too. Cheers !

Old 01-25-2013, 05:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,725 times
I very much prefer Marco Island to anywhere in Naples.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:17 AM

29 posts, read 54,115 times
What is you (Floridians) opinion on Venice as compared to the areas mentioned?

Old 09-14-2014, 05:16 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,190,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahvolare View Post
What is you (Floridians) opinion on Venice as compared to the areas mentioned?
I know this thread is 2 years old, but I'll answer because we looked in Naples, Estero, Bonita Springs, and Venice. We ended up in Venice. All of the neighborhoods were beautiful. It depends on what you are looking for. We wanted to be within 20-30 minutes of the beach, and not super crowded in season. Location relative to the beach knocked out Estero- it would take too long to get to the gulf from most places (I didn't want to be on top of Ft. Myers). The traffic knocked out most of Naples. I would only consider north Naples- north of Pine Ridge Road. Everything in that area was much higher priced than Bonita Springs or Venice. We looked in south Bonita Springs- Hawthorne, Village Walk, Bonita Lakes. We chose Venice because it fit all of our needs and was least expensive of the choices.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:55 AM

597 posts, read 1,443,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

I find it hard to believe that Naples is that much warmer in the winter considering the ocean temps are what drive the air temps in the winter. I've never seen a forcast that was more than a couple of degrees different. Also it will not be in C but F.

The ocean temps are the same.
I live in both cites...2 weeks in each, every month because of work and I can tell you, there is at least 8 degrees difference.

It is cooler in Sarasota and Naples has more bugs

Old 02-25-2015, 09:32 PM

7 posts, read 7,294 times
Default Bonita Springs is much more affordable

Hi, I have been to Bonita Springs and it is very nice, there are great housing communities there which are much less expensive than the ones in Naples, and if one wants to go down to Naples, it is not a long drive. I have seen that Naples is SO expensive, I personally don't believe in living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples