Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 11:01 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times

Advertisements

For that price, you could have a nice 1 or 2 bedroom condo in Palm Beach or Broward and be significantly closer to your mom. If you didn't know, Wellington is the equestrian capital of the world. Your horses would be perfectly fine inland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 12:25 AM

152 posts, read 451,154 times
I love Golden Gate Estates. I live very far out and love the country feel. You could find a house that is close to Desoto Blvd and Oil Well Rd and take Oil Well Rd to Hwy 29. From there you would turn right and that would take you to I-75 to Miami.

If you want a straight shoot into Naples shopping, you should move close to Golden Gate Blvd.

Re: the two house listings that you posted. The first listing is too much money for that house. The second one is much better, but you can still beat the price and get a very nice house. The farther east toward Desoto Blvd S that you go the cheaper the houses will be. There are some very nice homes on Desoto Blvd. Some of them sold for over $500,000 in 2005 before the crash. Many of them have over 2 acres. Some of them have livestock in their yards.

You can read more about my area here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/naple...l#post19478652

Remember that Jan. 1 is the official start of high season, therefore real estate will be at a premium price. If you can buy in the summer or fall, you can get a much better deal. Sometimes people price their homes to sell this time of year with the snow birds in mind.

Naplesarea.com is a good website to look for real estate. If you can find a realtor to give you a free account to Listingbook.com that is best. Sometimes if you google Listingbook.com you may be able to get an account without actually having to deal with a realtor.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:04 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,150,786 times
Arcadia , there are some places that might suit...some of the boys I coach at soccer come from that way...but its a bit out and still a fair way from Miami

have you looked at Clewiston/south of lake Okeechobee ??? its stunning round there.....if rural is what you want , rural is what you get

we drive that way if we ever go to WPB or Miami...far nice than 75

Old 12-07-2013, 07:10 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,762,267 times
will do, thanks!!!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
For that price, you could have a nice 1 or 2 bedroom condo in Palm Beach or Broward and be significantly closer to your mom. If you didn't know, Wellington is the equestrian capital of the world. Your horses would be perfectly fine inland.
Ick, we need to be rural and I don't want the west coast. TY

Old 12-07-2013, 07:22 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,419,564 times
CCc girl, I am enjoying your journey! I don't know you, but from what you say, especially about DH, a condo would give you a mental breakdown lol. My house is so close to my one neighbor that I feel like I live in a condo! And when I sit in my living room I can hear half the neighbors across the street. They love to stand around and gossip by the curb or on their porches. My neighbor behind me has a talking parrot she puts out at 7am in the area right by my bedroom window. So on the days I'd like to sleep in, I get to hear the babbling parrot who sounds exactly like the neighbor, including her deadly hacking cough.

I think the people in Wellington would drive you nuts.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:27 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
If FL is like TX, go to the county Appraisal District website and pull up the address to get the exact amount of taxes.

More importantly, look at the exemptions on the house. Could there be an over 65 exemption that keeps the tax extremely low ?
Many under 65's are surprised when they lose that age exemption and the taxes go up a lot.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:45 AM

Thanks all, I really appreciate the input.

The debaucle changes every day, now she's making noises about two properties.

I'm just afraid that being so far south is not a good fit, I really would rather be further north.

Of course, at this point she is being influenced by a lawyer 'friend' and anything I suggest is out the window.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:46 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Ick, we need to be rural and I don't want the west coast. TY
Wellington is rural in parts and it's actually on the east coast. I was just throwing out ideas here to help you save money and gas.

Last edited by allenk893; 12-07-2013 at 04:30 PM..

Old 12-07-2013, 04:42 PM

Thanks, Allen, it's waay too close to WPB. DH will not flourish there.

We currently live in a town of pop. 650, this might bring clarity to our needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples