Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 10:14 AM

45 posts, read 168,423 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I have searched this forum and TB isn't really discussed much or at all. I am aware of all the history and that Lennar has taken over and seems to be doing a good job revitalizing it. I am considering purchaing a vacation/second home in TB and am wondering what the experts think. Prices seem reasonable and for bundled golf, fees are also pretty good for such a high quality golf course. I have seen from a few old threads that TB may border some "dodgy" areas, but not sure. Would appreciate hearing peoples' views on the development, location, etc. Many thx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 10:33 AM

4,790 posts, read 10,613,723 times
Played it in late April, before we migrated north back to our NC Mtn house: helluva track, and typical TPC course with some flash. There were zip amenities open: no pro shop, no food, just snacks, but nice people jumping around to facilitate the process, fwiw. Didn't inquire about fees, but I would investigate carefully, as many 'resurrected' golf communities, (and TB fits that definition), are low balling initial fees, dues etc.

If you like the track, and Lennar's stuff, (I live in a Lennar house: it's ok), and the fairly remote location, and are willing to do a leap of faith, it may be worth considering. My concern, if I was shopping hard there, is how long is the build out realistically, when is the predicted 'turn over' to members date, (what year), and what might the real annual costs be after that turn over, as that true post turnover cost is what will keep/not keep residents and owners, and can affect resale. And, from experience, Lennar is a 'genius' when it comes to leaving most of their developments holding some of the 'bag', after turn over. All, imo...
GL, mD

Old 06-01-2012, 12:49 PM

Thx MotorDavid. The deal they have on now is that the equity is included with the house purchase so no upfront fees, and overall HOA and golf fees of $500-600 mo, including all regular HOA stuff and golf and clubfees (carts are extra). I've been shopping for a while and this seems like a fair fee. As for HOA fees after transfer, that is definitely a concern. The salesman I spoke to used Heritage Bay as an example and told me they just turned that over to residents after 6 or 7 years. According to him, the HOA fees went up only 10% over that entire 6-7 year period. If true, not bad.

BTW, what do you mean about remote location? I was under the impression it was an OK location. Apparently, it's 5.2 miles to 5th Avenue and the beach (Naples Pier). Its also 15 minutes to Marco. Are there other amenities that are closer (i.e. restaurants, Starbucks, shopping, etc.)?

Many thx.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:25 PM

256 posts, read 745,758 times
Hi Johnny

It's almost 10 miles to the Naples pier from Treviso Bay. Google maps indicates it's 9.5 miles from me and I'm 3 blocks from the pier. I'd recommend you pull up a map of the area and look over the general topography as well. Google Earth can be very helpful to you.

Make sure the deal is right for you.

Treviso Bay resort revival under way in Collier County » Naples Daily News Mobile

Good Luck

Beth

Old 06-01-2012, 03:48 PM

johnnyboy,
Not current on TB's fees, but many HOA fees, (at least for SF Homes) range from $2Gs a year up, in most of the golf communities we have checked out, our current place included. Add in the Master Fee(s) of $4Gs and up, to way up, food minimum, etc., and that $500-$600 a month sounds like rock bottom. Not saying it's wrong or impossible, just on the low end of possibilities. Add in the cost of building a clubhouse, equipping the kitchen, a pro shop, etc., and 'someone' will pay for that and it will not be Lennar, or any developer. (They may pay for some of the construction up front, but it will be buried in the 'expense acct', at turnover.)

We have several good friends at HB, (some of whom moved from our average track & community), and yes HB/Lennar has worked hard to keep the pre-turnover costs 'in line', so they could continue moving houses and condos. Not disingenuous, just std op procedure. HB's problem, among others, is even with 3 nines, one has to literally get in line to play the track, even as an owner, during season, and there is some concern over upcoming budgets/cost increases, and the work involved by the Master Board that occurs after any turnover...I would also inquire about CCD fees, if any.

Remember the RE salesperson can 'say' anything; oral crap doesn't count.

TB may not suffer that crowded situ for quite some time, but the intended '1000 doors' is a reach, and that population, even part time, is 'too many' for one golf track, imo.

"Remote", just my quick remark; not as in nowhere's ville, lol!
Besides, I think I recall you were cranked on Stonebridge in north Naples?

Not saying TB is not 'good' or good for you. But there are dozens of similar priced golf communities out there for inspection and consideration.
My 50Cts...look hard, ask hard questions, take your time, imo
GL, mD

Last edited by motordavid; 06-01-2012 at 04:05 PM..

Old 06-01-2012, 06:53 PM

Thx Beth and David. Very helpful insights. 10 miles is very different than 5 miles! David, good memory on Stonebridge. We are still interested in that community but very little comes up for sale in our price range. Our interest in TB is because friends of our just bought there and were raving about the deal and the amenities. The fees as represented do seem TGTBT, and I strongly subscribe to the theory that if it seems TGTBT then it usually is. $600 mo for everything including golf is pretty compelling, particularly in light of their planned clubhouse and other amenities. So what would you say is the better location between Stonebridge and TB (and why)?

Many thx.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:11 AM

jb, tough question on 'better location'. I know SB area well, the TB area not so well, in terms of what stores and services are close in. But, after doing 7 'seasons' in north Naples, and doing casual 'looking around' at other golf communities, I personally no longer have a requirement of 'where' the community is, in terms of how close to downtown, etc. Thus, our 'looking at other places' has expanded, 'area-wise'.

SB has a nice track, houses and area; we simply 'missed it' in our initial searches as we were only looking at new construction. You are accurate that SB does not have much turnover/for sale, and the houses are a tad pricey for 2 decade old construction, imo.

TB has a great track, but that's all I really 'know' about it, other than my previous posted cautions and the 'time' it will take to get it up to speed, so to speak, and the ancillary costs when it is closer to being done.

I am not dissuading you on TB...I have come to be a firm believer that if a one/a couple can enjoy the track, the house or condo, the 'area', and it feels right/fits the budget, then one can quickly make good friends at any community, in FL or anywhere. My caution remains on TB, but that is simply based on being 'early adopters' in Naples area golf communities these days, as things move more slowly, and the costs mount, vs the halcyon days of the mid 2000s.
Good hunting, and Good Luck,
mD

Old 06-02-2012, 07:06 AM

Thx David, much appreciated. The search continues!

Old 06-02-2012, 06:14 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,790,621 times
I can't comment on the golf or fees but TB is across from Naples Manor which is "dodgy" (that's a nice way to put it).

I seriously doubt any of that influence would creep into TB-it is isolated from that. Don't let that be one of your worries.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:40 AM

2 posts, read 7,228 times
Default Treviso Bay Naples Florida

I just went to check out the model homes at Treviso Bay and they are nice. Timed it at 10min from downtown which is important to me because that is where my office is. The salesperson did e-mail me a breakdown of association fees - the community development fee is pretty high and when you add that to property taxes it motivates me to look elsewhere... still considering it however. Let me know any additional information you find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples