Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 07:59 AM

15 posts, read 18,424 times

Advertisements

My family and I are new to Naples, and I have spent hours researching school information and these threads. All of the threads are out of date, so wanted to see if I could get some to up to date info on how long time residents rate the public schools.

Just looking for opinions, obviously, on experience. I have an 8th grader, cannot afford private, and love the possibility of options.

Help appreciated!! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 10:27 AM

87 posts, read 176,568 times
I grew up in Naples. Went to Avalon elementary, East Naples Middle and Lely High. Per the collier rankings none of these schools are that great but I am a firm believer that you child will get out of school what they put in. I am now mid 30s living in Hong Kong for the last 8 years working as an investment banker.

I am thinking of moving back to Naples next year with two young children below 6 years old in tow.

I have been searching for a home to buy and to be honest I am keeping my searches quite narrow to north Naples as that's where all the top rated public schools are located.

For you, I believe the top rated middle schools are pineridge middle, gulfview middle, north Naples middle and oak ridge middle

Old 06-20-2014, 06:46 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,966,875 times
Where in Naples are you? As far as middle Pine Ridge or North Naples and Highschool Barron or Gulf Coast.. In that order

Old 06-20-2014, 10:20 AM

20 posts, read 36,875 times
Ch183 what about elementary, kindergarden. And even preschool. Any opinions? Thanks

Old 06-20-2014, 01:10 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,966,875 times
Elementary Pelican Marsh is considered top two% in state, then I'd go with Laurel Oak and then Osceola ... Laurel Oak and Osceola are both great so either choice would be fine IMO

Old 06-20-2014, 01:19 PM

87 posts, read 176,568 times
If you go with collier county A-F grade system. Elementary schools like Seagate, Pelican Marsh, Vineyards, Lake Park, Osceola, Veterans Memeroial and Laurel Oaks are all considered "A" grade elementary schools. So any of those would be good. But of you look at other rankings on other sites which have 1-10 rankings. There are separation even between the group of "A" elementary schools. Not sure how accurate they are but per other rankings: Pelican Marsh and Seagate are "10"; Vineyards, Lake Park and Osceola are "9"; and Veterans and Laurel Oaks are "8". I personally think there is probably some truth to it but any schools categorized as "A" by the county should be pretty good. And as you will note most of these schools are in north Naples.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:07 PM

15 posts, read 18,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Where in Naples are you? As far as middle Pine Ridge or North Naples and Highschool Barron or Gulf Coast.. In that order
I am in Golden Gate City. I have an 8th grade boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples