Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 09:22 AM

5 posts, read 24,297 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to the Naples area but one of our concerns is the high school. Can anyone tell me there thoughts on this school. Private schools are nice but costly.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:17 AM

672 posts, read 905,628 times
Go to the Naples News website and do a search. There was an article just last week on Lely and Naples High Schools.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:57 PM

847 posts, read 3,520,480 times
If you go to the Florida Department of Education website, Florida Department of Education. On the home page on the right are several drop downs, one is for education data, click on that. On the top of the choices that come up on the next screen, there is a choice for School Accountability Reports, click on that. The click on Collier County and you should be able to choose schools, choose all the high schools and look at the comparisons.
I think Lely consistently receives grades of C or D from what I remember. Schools are graded based on several things, obviously looking for an A.
Without putting too much opinion in my response, the best high schools in the area are Barron Collier and Gulf Coast. By best, I mean test scores, course offerings, students going onto college, etc. If you ask around town, that is what you will hear. If I had kids, I would definitely look into neighborhoods that go to those schools and there are some great ones, especially family oriented ones. I am not sure where you are looking to buy but let me know if you want some neighborhood suggestions. We live in probably one of the best family oriented neighborhoods in Naples, and homes are at low prices now, great time for buying and great schools.

I work as a guidance counselor in Collier County schools, let me know if you have more questions.

Good luck!

Old 11-12-2007, 07:07 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,490,553 times
Personally I'd send my kid to Barron Collier firstly, and second choice Gulf Coast. Both of them are much better schools.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:40 AM

76 posts, read 222,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanative75 View Post
If you go to the Florida Department of Education website, Florida Department of Education. On the home page on the right are several drop downs, one is for education data, click on that. On the top of the choices that come up on the next screen, there is a choice for School Accountability Reports, click on that. The click on Collier County and you should be able to choose schools, choose all the high schools and look at the comparisons.
I think Lely consistently receives grades of C or D from what I remember. Schools are graded based on several things, obviously looking for an A.
Without putting too much opinion in my response, the best high schools in the area are Barron Collier and Gulf Coast. By best, I mean test scores, course offerings, students going onto college, etc. If you ask around town, that is what you will hear. If I had kids, I would definitely look into neighborhoods that go to those schools and there are some great ones, especially family oriented ones. I am not sure where you are looking to buy but let me know if you want some neighborhood suggestions. We live in probably one of the best family oriented neighborhoods in Naples, and homes are at low prices now, great time for buying and great schools.

I work as a guidance counselor in Collier County schools, let me know if you have more questions.

Good luck!
What Family oriented! I thought you hated Naples and the people were not friendly.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJNEY View Post

What Family oriented! I thought you hated Naples and the people were not friendly.
I do hate Naples but we have a great neighborhood, again, I think one of the ONLY ones like it. You can like your neighborhood and hate the town, possible! The people in the neighborhood, for the most part, are great and we have made good friends. Most of the time we all talk about how we want to leave Naples but we do have fun together. When we lived in Virginia, my husband hated our neighborhood but liked Virginia, it happens. Not ALL aspects of a place have to be good or bad for you to like or dislike it.
I could make friends with a brick so that is not an issue.
But, yes, still hate Naples. Don't worry, you did not catch me in a lie!

Old 11-29-2007, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanative75 View Post
I do hate Naples but we have a great neighborhood, again, I think one of the ONLY ones like it. You can like your neighborhood and hate the town, possible! The people in the neighborhood, for the most part, are great and we have made good friends. Most of the time we all talk about how we want to leave Naples but we do have fun together. When we lived in Virginia, my husband hated our neighborhood but liked Virginia, it happens. Not ALL aspects of a place have to be good or bad for you to like or dislike it.
I could make friends with a brick so that is not an issue.
But, yes, still hate Naples. Don't worry, you did not catch me in a lie!
Good, that we have that clear HAHA. getting back to the OP. The fact the her child/children have to attend LELY high school is a good indication that she might NOT be coming in to the most desirable place of Naples. So be careful and do your homework OP. However, I will add that the worst places in Naples are nothing compared to many other cities by far. But, if possible locate to best areas that I assume is what anyone would want. Good Luck!

Old 11-29-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJNEY View Post
Good, that we have that clear HAHA. getting back to the OP. The fact the her child/children have to attend LELY high school is a good indication that she might NOT be coming in to the most desirable place of Naples. So be careful and do your homework OP. However, I will add that the worst places in Naples are nothing compared to many other cities by far. But, if possible locate to best areas that I assume is what anyone would want. Good Luck!
True, with the exception of Lely Resort itself, I think that is a pretty nice area, we actually looked there because my hubby works on Marco. But, from what I understand, that is one of few nice neighborhoods that feed into Lely High School and some even worse middle schools.
We have friends whose kids are going to be in middle school soon and they are moving out of Lely to avoid the middle school and Lely High School.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhalls View Post
We are relocating to the Naples area but one of our concerns is the high school. Can anyone tell me there thoughts on this school. Private schools are nice but costly.
NOt so Good

Old 12-11-2007, 05:53 AM

1 posts, read 9,533 times
Default Our child goes to Lely

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhalls View Post

Our child goes to Lely - we filter in from Marco Island. The school is okay- My kid gets A's - it would depend upon the child before I would send to this school. As a parent, I am not very impressed with this high school, and neither is my daughter, freshmen attending there. (this is the choice from Marco and where all Marco kids go, unless a small private, with none of the friends they know) If you have a good child, student the school is okay.The Middle School of Marco is grand and great, and it is a disappointment for these kids that expect the high school to be better. It isn't even comparable to the local Charter Marco Middle. My daughter was very disappointed but does well with what is there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: