Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 04:28 PM

115 posts, read 249,262 times

Advertisements

It looks like this place would allow our golden retriever which is turning out to be a big deal . Does anybody know what the demographics is there?

We are semi retired and without kids and are looking from a distance right now but don't want to end up in an area that caters to predominately younger families

I also wonder about how bad the noise would be from 75 that looks like it's pretty close by …
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 05:41 AM

4,791 posts, read 10,615,390 times
Very close to I-75, as in a hardball throw distance to a few hundred feet 'close'...
Some people will say 'they can't hear the interstate', or that 'they get used to it'.

Would not be my pick proximity-wise to I-75.

If you are still looking to buy, I don't understand the ..."would allow our golden retriever which is turning out to be a big deal."

Many communities allow owners to have dog(s), larger than the ubiquitous little 'Florida dogs'.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:06 PM

17 posts, read 18,739 times
Having dogs shouldn't be that big of a deal for most communities.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:23 PM

4,791 posts, read 10,615,390 times
The OP has been given that opin several times by several of us posters, in a couple of repetitive threads.
Either OP doesn't get it, or something else is in the mix.
GL, mD

Old 04-03-2015, 10:56 PM

115 posts, read 249,262 times
Thanks for your opinions. We've ruled it out because of proximity to interstate and the noise factor...

We are working with a realtor who has been in the business in Naples for over 20 years . I'm not sure what you mean when you say maybe I don't "get it" but trust me when I tell you that we are finding it challenging to find a condominium complex that will except a large dog. There is no hidden agenda on my part. Nothing else "in the mix." Bottom line: We have sold our house and my husband reports to work in Naples on May 15th and we're trying to purchase a condo this time around. I wish it weren't difficult to find a place...but as it turns out, it is.

If you would care to share the names of the complexes to which you are referring, I would gladly take a look.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:05 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,256,608 times
If you are purchasing a condo, have your agent get a copy of the CC&Rs; they will tell you if there is a weight or quantity restriction, and if it applies equally to guests as well as owners.

I can tell you with total certainty that Heritage Bay restricts the #, not the size of dogs so a Golden is fine there. I'm sure there are others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: