Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 08:17 AM

1,627 posts, read 1,711,766 times

Advertisements

We think the location of Riverstone/Olde Cypress/Stone Creek is ideal. It's not that far east and fairly close to 75. You hop on that and you can get anywhere pretty quick. Go north up to Bonita, Estero, Fort Myers, the airport etc. Go south on Logan to Vanderbilt and then west to Mercato and 41. Or, get on 75 and go south down to Pine Ridge or Golden Gate and head on downtown. It's so easy to get around Naples, especially if you are close to 75.

Folks comment on Marbella's location, but it really doesn't save that much time getting places and the cost of building there is way higher than Riverstone, like the same house is $100K higher.

Lot premiums can really drive up the price. We got what we wanted (on the preserve) for only $15K. Lots on the lakes were higher, but on the lake, you see and hear every house, major lack of privacy on your lanai and pool.

We also liked GL's floor plans and finish options. Our house if pretty modern, folks comment on how much they like it and that is is different than what they are used to seeing in this area.

Happy hunting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 08:25 AM

22 posts, read 33,484 times
It sounds like we are on the same page as far as a house. That's a good point with the lake lots too. I didn't think about that...it's a great reason NOT to spend an 100k!

We were starting to build in Atlanta with a modern type builder also and the design center was amazing! State of the art, latest trends, modern yet classic...

The area we are talking about, there is shopping, grocery stores (whole foods or something similar if possible) and the ability to get to malls very easily?

Old 01-20-2016, 08:41 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,789,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssadanyelle View Post
It sounds like we are on the same page as far as a house. That's a good point with the lake lots too. I didn't think about that...it's a great reason NOT to spend an 100k!

We were starting to build in Atlanta with a modern type builder also and the design center was amazing! State of the art, latest trends, modern yet classic...

The area we are talking about, there is shopping, grocery stores (whole foods or something similar if possible) and the ability to get to malls very easily?
Yes there is plenty of shopping but you'll need to go west. It is not really far but can take a while on Immoaklee Road during season-like now.

The only actual mall is further south and will take ~30 minutes in season.

Old 01-20-2016, 08:58 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,055,358 times
I'd love to recommend Borelli Construction for a new home, only they are pricey. As a former stucco and drywall material supplier in Collier for almost a decade, I can state with confidence to stay away from anything WCI has constructed unless it is a high rise.

Homes - DeAngelis Diamond Construction

They're pretty good, and may be able to work within your budget.

Good luck!

Old 01-20-2016, 09:05 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,090,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
Yes there is plenty of shopping but you'll need to go west. It is not really far but can take a while on Immoaklee Road during season-like now.

The only actual mall is further south and will take ~30 minutes in season.
The Immokalee Rd./I75 intersection is the second worst intersection to traverse, (during normal waking) hours, in Naples (the worst, by far, is anywhere within a mile or 2 of the Airport/PineRidge Rd intersection).

There is a Publix and lots of restaurants etc. going east too. The 951/Imm. rd intersection has a lot of stuff with more being built (not a good thing, IMHO).

Riverstone is a great location and a nice development. My wife plays tennis in there.

Last edited by Tripower455; 01-20-2016 at 10:27 AM..

Old 01-20-2016, 11:24 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
The Immokalee Rd./I75 intersection is the second worst intersection to traverse, (during normal waking) hours, in Naples (the worst, by far, is anywhere within a mile or 2 of the Airport/PineRidge Rd intersection).

There is a Publix and lots of restaurants etc. going east too. The 951/Imm. rd intersection has a lot of stuff with more being built (not a good thing, IMHO).

Riverstone is a great location and a nice development. My wife plays tennis in there.
What's easier leaving Olde Cypress or Riverstone is to go down Logan to Vanderbilt and you avoid a lot of the in-season traffic.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:14 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,090,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
What's easier leaving Olde Cypress or Riverstone is to go down Logan to Vanderbilt and you avoid a lot of the in-season traffic.
Yeah, thankfully, there's no I75 interchange on Vanderbilt Beach Rd. While it doesn't prevent the 3 across, rolling road block at 20 under the limit parade, it really makes a difference in the overall traffic.

We live a bit south of the VBR/951 intersection, and my wife works near the intersection of Pine Ridge and 41, She takes VBR to and from work all the time. Even though it is a bit further of a drive, it takes her less time. When my kids went to Village School, I did the same.

While it it nice not having to drive to the Vineyards for shopping and restaurants, it was paradise out here before they built all the developments. It used to take me 7-8 minutes to get to or from I75 from my house. There were no traffic lights (not even at the I75/ Imm. Rd interchange..... no waiting 3 minutes to make a left off of I75 at 3 AM like now.), and it was 2 lanes the entire way, regardless of whether I took VBR/Oakes or 951 to Imm. Rd.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:38 AM

5 posts, read 6,328 times
I recommend looking at Stonecreek, we are in the process of finalizing our new build for a move-in/relocation later this year. Young couple with no children (yet), but focused on looking at developments geared towards young families. Riverstone is beautiful so we felt Stone Creek would be similar. Worth the look!

Old 01-22-2016, 11:31 AM

22 posts, read 33,484 times
Thank you kalrose24. My husband really liked Stonecreek. What is your estimated construction time? Is it about 12 months? Thanks for the input!

Old 01-22-2016, 01:05 PM

5 posts, read 6,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssadanyelle View Post
Thank you kalrose24. My husband really liked Stonecreek. What is your estimated construction time? Is it about 12 months? Thanks for the input!
It all varies, once you are able to pick out your lot and home you then schedule an appointment for options then the process officially begins. We just finalized the lot/home and they estimated November completion. Option selections can possibly push the completion out slightly due to permits, etc. and if we decide to put in a pool during home construction. I did post another thread on the Naples forum regarding upgrades, pools (before or after construction) that you may want to look at some good feedback. With the pool construction prior to completion we have to add on another 30 days. I know things are moving very quickly there, in less than 7 days lots were already on hold or purchased, so our decision was made. We are coming from the Northeast (big move) and GL has been very accommodating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples