Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 04:27 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,780,928 times

Advertisements

https://www.realtor.com/news/trends/...re-theyre-not/

Taking the No. 6 slot for cities with the highest median days on the market is Bangor, ME (118.8), followed by Torrington, CT (118.4); Hilton Head Island, SC (114); Naples, FL (112.6); and Lebanon, PA, (112.4).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 04:35 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,283,946 times
That’s weird.

Is it the high asking prices.

I know Marco Island is quite expensive.

I like Naples area but it is kinda remote when compared with Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties.

Old 03-17-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
That’s weird.

Is it the high asking prices.

I know Marco Island is quite expensive.

I like Naples area but it is kinda remote when compared with Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties.
I think it is the high prices. I had a friend who was a real estate broker and he had to sell his investment property in Naples and it was underwater. He did a short sale, had to live in the home a while before he could even do it, and the home sold for $85K less than he owed. He said part of it is also new homes being built that bring down values, he also bought while prices were still high before the housing bubble broke.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:10 PM

233 posts, read 173,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
I think it is the high prices. I had a friend who was a real estate broker and he had to sell his investment property in Naples and it was underwater. He did a short sale, had to live in the home a while before he could even do it, and the home sold for $85K less than he owed. He said part of it is also new homes being built that bring down values, he also bought while prices were still high before the housing bubble broke.
It is not the high prices, there are plenty of places in the US with far higher real estate prices that sell homes instantly.

It's who purchasing them - people buying second homes (winter homes) or retirement pads. They have time to be picky.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:54 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,272,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum87 View Post
It is not the high prices, there are plenty of places in the US with far higher real estate prices that sell homes instantly.

It's who purchasing them - people buying second homes (winter homes) or retirement pads. They have time to be picky.
Exactly. Conservative Canadians and Midwesterners. A lot of tire kicking, looking, thinking, analysis before an offer is made.

Old 03-19-2018, 05:14 AM

731 posts, read 769,928 times
I've been watching real estate for sale in my community this winter season. A lot of the homes that have been sitting on the market are going into contract now. I think the snowbirds have looked and are now making their decision before they go back north.

I've observed some homes in my community drop their prices over the last few months and when they get to the price that the buyers want, they go into contract. The homes that are asking what I think is too much, are still sitting for sale.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:58 AM

18,490 posts, read 8,314,397 times
....then there's ~15,000 houses, condos, etc for sale in the Naples area right now....there's not 15,000 buyers....that's the biggest problem

Old 03-19-2018, 11:39 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,272,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
....then there's ~15,000 houses, condos, etc for sale in the Naples area right now....there's not 15,000 buyers....that's the biggest problem
Probably not, but it all comes down to location, location, location. And of course being priced appropriately.

If you go back the past couple of years the average has consistently been ~100 days on market. It spiked up after Irma (not surprisingly) but is back to around 100 days again. So the market is relatively balanced.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum87 View Post

It is the high prices. Naples aint Beverly Hills or Seattle or Manhattan. it's SW Florida. There is still a lot of land in the area the further you get from the beach. There is no reason why it's as expensive as it is and that's why homes are selling same as in the 10 slowest markets in the country.

I think only people in Naples think it's special. I never thought of Naples as upscale.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:37 AM

6,448 posts, read 4,935,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
I've been watching real estate for sale in my community this winter season. A lot of the homes that have been sitting on the market are going into contract now. I think the snowbirds have looked and are now making their decision before they go back north.

I've observed some homes in my community drop their prices over the last few months and when they get to the price that the buyers want, they go into contract. The homes that are asking what I think is too much, are still sitting for sale.
Barb, You live in one of the best areas, I don't think it is indicative of the rest of Naples. If I was moving to Naples I would consider your community my first choice. I think the problem is a combination of overbuilding and high prices. Naples has always been a haven for wealthy retirees and snowbirds and the vast amount of building cannot be absorbed. When we were looking there a few years ago there was so many new houses it would take 5 years to sell them if no more were built. There are other areas of Florida that are more attractive for young families and more affordable, especially with rising interest rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples