Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 12:09 AM

59 posts, read 76,786 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what to expect as far as property values, education options, common vacations and the general feel in the Golden Gate area east of Collier blvd. I noticed that most of the houses sit on at least a half acre, some on much more... Is this a run down area, or is it a place that a family can build a nice home not have to worry about crime, unsavory neighbors, etc...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 02:28 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,749 times
well there's nothing in Golden Gate.. its just land, although they are trying to build it up more.. But because of that a lot of grow houses are out there. There is crime (some people call it Golden Ghetto) but I'd say that refers more to Golden Gate city. The commute into town is going to be a b**** if you have to work intown.. You'll have to drive in a bit to go food shopping also. Its gonna be a commute either way. I'm not sure on housing someone else might be able to help you with that.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:02 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,785,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoverandShaker2004 View Post
I was wondering what to expect as far as property values, education options, common vacations and the general feel in the Golden Gate area east of Collier blvd. I noticed that most of the houses sit on at least a half acre, some on much more... Is this a run down area, or is it a place that a family can build a nice home not have to worry about crime, unsavory neighbors, etc...?
I lived in GG City for about thirteen years and now in GG Estates for about seven years. The Estates is EAST of Collier Blvd. Golden Gate-either area-is the working class neighborhood of Collier County.

GG Estates is huge. Most lots are either 2.5 or 5 acres. There are some exceptions but it is zoned this way for a reason. If you don't like the rural feel, or the commute into town, don't move here.

I'll talk about the Estates since I think that is what you want to know about. I know a lot about GG City if you need info on that.

It is mostly a family area, not too many retirees. Most homes are middle class although there are some mansions as well as ghetto type places. The area is so large you will have the range of people living here. Like anywhere else you have jerks but for the most part it is a good place to live. I feel safe here.

Tara is right-they bust grow houses out here. They also bust chop shops. The privacy this area provides is conducive to this type of negative behavior. That is a tiny, tiny portion of the people out here so I don't worry about it.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:07 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
I lived in GG City for about thirteen years and now in GG Estates for about seven years. The Estates is EAST of Collier Blvd. Golden Gate-either area-is the working class neighborhood of Collier County.

GG Estates is huge. Most lots are either 2.5 or 5 acres. There are some exceptions but it is zoned this way for a reason. If you don't like the rural feel, or the commute into town, don't move here.

I'll talk about the Estates since I think that is what you want to know about. I know a lot about GG City if you need info on that.

It is mostly a family area, not too many retirees. Most homes are middle class although there are some mansions as well as ghetto type places. The area is so large you will have the range of people living here. Like anywhere else you have jerks but for the most part it is a good place to live. I feel safe here.

Tara is right-they bust grow houses out here. They also bust chop shops. The privacy this area provides is conducive to this type of negative behavior. That is a tiny, tiny portion of the people out here so I don't worry about it.
I agree, I didn't mean for it to come off negative about GG Estates, mostly people keep to themselves there, and there aren't problems. There are always those few bad apples though. Just do your reasearch and you should be fine. I lived out in GG Estates for a while but the drive got to be too daunting, and at the time Immokalee Rd was one laned and I would sit in traffic for 45 before I even got into town.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:18 PM

4 posts, read 16,073 times
Does anyone know 16th place off Logan? Is it safe, many condos in the area and doesn't appear to far from Naples proper but everyone here talks about a long commute into town. feedback please.???
I appreciate your consideration
Many thanks

Old 12-21-2008, 07:36 PM

515 posts, read 1,589,792 times
Golden gate doesn't have a great reputation as your seeing here. Like Parts of Cape Coral, San Carlos Park and Lehigh Acres, the lack of deed restrictions, enforcement and a whole lotta people who don't care about their own homes and the others around them, there are quite a bit of $hit hole homes and crime in those area's. Some realtors will not tell you that so be careful.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 4,306 times
well.. I have lived in golden gate estates for about 25 years of my 29 and I have to say that it has definately grown a LOT in the past 10 years.Its not as bad as some make it sound.Yes you have your 1 or 2 grow houses,chop shops etc,but its so peaceful and private that these ppl feel its safe to set up shop here.Theyeventually all get busted and about 6months to a year later they find another and pop them too so its not bad in the way of crime.Education is actually very good.I did all my schooling here,after I graduated they came out with Ave Maria and Gulfcoast High and Golden Gate High,so you definately have a choice in location and what kind of schooling you would want for your children. The biggest deal for us was shopping for grocery's and pharmacutical needs,although they recently solved that problem with the new publix and walgreens they jus opened,so really Golden Gate is moving up in the world and a lot more city folk have been moving out here.If you like the smell of fresh air int he morning and Mosquito bites at night(mostly during the summer and hot times of the year) then I would say its a great place to live! The biggest problem with the whole Town,Naples,Golden Gate city and the Estates is that there isnt a whole lot to do for fun.If you have a good imagination you can make it tho

Old 07-26-2009, 06:38 AM

136 posts, read 417,799 times
Agree with you CandygirlNfl. My husband & I have only been here a short time, bought a foreclosure, but I love the GGE area. Least the N end were at. People take care of their homes, its clean, everyone keeps to themselves and doesnt nose in to others business. As far as a drive for things, we came from right above Philly PA so traffic here is nothing, and even when the SB's come down, Im sure it wont compare to the busy NE.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,204 times
I've been living in GGE for two months so far and I just have to say that I love it. My house is beautiful, big (5 bedroom 5 acres), which we bought for an amazing price. The zone is quiet,very private, my kids love the nature and schools are great. the commute is not so bad, publix (15 min) walgreens (7 minutes) etc. we just used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples