Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2020, 07:44 AM

58 posts, read 76,526 times

Advertisements

My husband recently visited Valencia Trails and really liked it. Can anyone tell me if there are driveway parking restrictions in this community? Also, are there pet restrictions and if so, what are they? We are considering buying a home there for upcoming retirement.
Thank you and happy holidays.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 10:53 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Is this a GL Homes community still being built out? If so then ask their salesperson for a copy of the CC&R document to review. It will list everything you’re looking for as these are all standard questions.

Do NOT take anyone’s word of mouth response as it may not be accurate.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:59 AM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minipaws View Post
My husband recently visited Valencia Trails and really liked it. Can anyone tell me if there are driveway parking restrictions in this community? Also, are there pet restrictions and if so, what are they? We are considering buying a home there for upcoming retirement.
Thank you and happy holidays.
As in any GL project there will be plenty of HOA rules.

Guessing no outside pickups, no vans, no street parking overnight. Pets will be fine for cats/dogs just not 37 of them, no goats/horses, etc. For dogs I'd expect leashed at all times, pick up the chocolate drops.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
As in any GL project there will be plenty of HOA rules.

Guessing no outside pickups, no vans, no street parking overnight. Pets will be fine for cats/dogs just not 37 of them, no goats/horses, etc. For dogs I'd expect leashed at all times, pick up the chocolate drops.
I concur, but there’s nothing like seeing the actual document.

There very well might be rules beyond what you’ve said - like must park in garage, no driveway parking at any time.

Old 12-24-2020, 09:57 PM

47 posts, read 56,496 times
We looked at Valencia Trails and wound up building at Valencia Bonita. GL communities are very nice and there are a lot of dogs, but restrictions on aggressive breeds. There may be restrictions on parking in garages, but I saw plenty of cars in driveways. I'll take a look at HOA docs and post it here on those restrictions. We didn't move forward with Valencia Trails because of the traffic on Immokalee Road, especially at the Collier intersection, but also getting out of the community and making the left. We found Bonita more to our liking, but I suppose it's a matter of taste.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:45 AM

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. We will ask for the CC&R document. GL is saying they are planning/hoping to have access to the community from Vanderbuilt Rd. at some point in time. I would have to know for sure if that is approved due to the concerns about ease of getting in and out of the community.
Happy holidays.

Old 12-25-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Thanks for your comments and suggestions. We will ask for the CC&R document. GL is saying they are planning/hoping to have access to the community from Vanderbuilt Rd. at some point in time. I would have to know for sure if that is approved due to the concerns about ease of getting in and out of the community.
Happy holidays.
Just base your purchase decision that anything you don’t like that’s “possible” will definitely happen, and anything you want that is “planned” not happening. That’s the safest approach with builders.

Old 12-25-2020, 08:10 AM

I actually have the Valencia Trails as well as Valencia Bonita HOA docs since we had a refundable deposit down on Trails before switching to Bonita.

Parking is allowable in the driveway. "Parking upon the property shall be restricted to the driveway and garage upon each deeded Lot and the designated areas within the Associated Property." This is on page 64 of the VT HOA Docs. Section 4.

ANIMALS AND PETS. Only common domesticated household pets may be kept on any Lot or in any home. It later goes on to explain "Dangerous Dogs" which are not allowed on the property. It goes into "Pit Bulls", Rottweilers, Staffordshire Terriers, and Presa Canarios. This is on Page 66.

Both Valencia Trails and Valencia Bonita have separate dog parks for smaller dogs and larger dogs and I believe size is determined by weight.

I do want to add in some things about Valencia Trails that I really liked and we certainly would have bought there had we not liked the more suburban less traffic area of Valencia Bonita. I like the lot settings better at Valencia Trails and house set ups themselves. To me, GL is a gold standard.

Vanderbilt Beach Road access to Valencia Trails is three years away. I thought about that in my decision. While it will help some, so will the impact of Founders Square and other building in that area. The closest shopping center (Publix) Pebblebrooke, is at Immokalee and Collier, so it will be worse. That is also your access to 75. Maybe this works out for the best, but we didn't feel like buying into that risk. I do think the community will be great, but before you decide or write that first check which is nonrefundable (P&S), you should both go down together, maybe stay at the Hilton (excellent safety during Covid), see the area, do some drives and even visit Valencia Bonita, which is more or less a 50% completed project with clubhouse and pool areas all completed. I did the first trip and my wife joined me on our second trip.

I agree with MarkJames comments above about trust. When you visit and they tell you that Founders Square is going to be "another Mercato", don't believe them. You can listen to them, but do your homework. Trails will be great, but it's your risk and not the sales agent's.

Last edited by NEPats6SB; 12-25-2020 at 08:39 AM..

Old 12-25-2020, 08:18 AM

Great info! Thank you. Are there any restrictions in the number of pets? I have 3 small dogs. No idea if I will still have 3 when we get there as one of them is about to turn 15, but still it is good to know for sure.

Old 12-25-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Great info! Thank you. Are there any restrictions in the number of pets? I have 3 small dogs. No idea if I will still have 3 when we get there as one of them is about to turn 15, but still it is good to know for sure.
There is nothing in the HOA docs about numbers of pets, so I doubt this is an issue. Good luck with your older dog. Our's will be 15 when our house is complete. We may have two in the future, but while he is around, he can be the only dog. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples