Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2023, 06:34 PM

36 posts, read 69,510 times

Advertisements

We are two professionals in our late forties/early 50s, have two teenage kids (one about to start college, the other wants trade or tech school in a couple of years). Where do the working professionals who aren't millionaires and who have teenage/young adult kids live?

Priorities:
Not too small-town, but not completely urban
Places /opportunities to meet people (for us, as well as our kids). We are very active.
Not too far from major airport (one of us travels 25-50% for work)
Ability to commute to Naples a couple of times per month
Does not need to be very close to the beach, but able to drive there.
We can't afford a $1Mil house with $500/month HOA fees

Does a place exist for us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2023, 07:30 PM

2,327 posts, read 2,276,900 times
I’d suggest Sarasota as its a great place for families. It’s 1h 45m away, but if it’s really just a couple days a month that should be doable.

Old 01-28-2023, 09:18 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,087,806 times
Why not Naples itself?

It meets all of your criteria. Well, they're working on making the entire county completely urban, but other than that, as someone that moved away from Naples because my twice a month commute to MCO became undoable, I can say that you'll be well served living as close to work as possible.

These days, Naples is often an hour drive from Naples.

Old 01-28-2023, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
Why not Naples itself?

It meets all of your criteria. Well, they're working on making the entire county completely urban, but other than that, as someone that moved away from Naples because my twice a month commute to MCO became undoable, I can say that you'll be well served living as close to work as possible.

These days, Naples is often an hour drive from Naples.
Naples does sound very nice. I'm just not seeing anything I can afford, unfortunately.

Old 01-28-2023, 02:03 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,087,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommanmia View Post
Naples does sound very nice. I'm just not seeing anything I can afford, unfortunately.

Gotcha....... Have you checked Ave Maria and the other developments out east by Golden Gate Estates? It's been a while since I've looked at RE down there, so not sure what stuff is going for these days. What's your budget?

Old 01-28-2023, 08:13 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,126,009 times
Bonita Beach or Ft Myers, they’re less money than Naples and meet your criteria. You don’t mention a budget, but it may be possible to purchase a fixer closer in to Naples.

Old 01-29-2023, 04:45 AM

@Triptower and @Taz, we need to stay under $600k, and I've never seen such high HOA fees than in Naples (well, except NY, but it's rare to have to go into an HOA in NY) $450-$810/month? I pay less than $700/year for my current HOA. Here's the kicker with my budget, though: we need space for two, separate offices, something that significantly adds to square footage, or at least optimal layout, needs. I hear conflicting things about Punta Gorda and Sarasota, and I'm not sure how far away from work in Naples is required.

Old 01-29-2023, 05:45 AM

25,690 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Estero

Old 01-30-2023, 06:55 AM

89 posts, read 70,507 times
Yes Estero sounds good for you. There is a almost an acre lot there that I considered, on See See St. , No hoa, the builder owns it and told me I get into a new house in under 12 months, well under a million. I don't know if you can wait that long, but it is a nice location backing up to a preserve.

Old 01-30-2023, 07:20 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommanmia View Post
We are two professionals in our late forties/early 50s, have two teenage kids (one about to start college, the other wants trade or tech school in a couple of years). Where do the working professionals who aren't millionaires and who have teenage/young adult kids live?

Priorities:
Not too small-town, but not completely urban
Places /opportunities to meet people (for us, as well as our kids). We are very active.
Not too far from major airport (one of us travels 25-50% for work)
Ability to commute to Naples a couple of times per month
Does not need to be very close to the beach, but able to drive there.
We can't afford a $1Mil house with $500/month HOA fees

Does a place exist for us?
lol, nowhere in SWFL is "completely urban" so don't worry about encountering that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples