Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 11:11 AM

75 posts, read 201,698 times

Advertisements

Well my time is getting near to move! I now have my house for sale here in NY and luckily houses around me have bene selling rather quickly.....few doors down sold in 2 weeks, behind me 3 days!
When I was first looking into moving I really was sold on the Franklin area. But after my last visit I was convinced I like the Bellevue and Brentwood areas. I like their proximity to downtown and the feel of both areas.
My first question is : are there any apartment complexes in Brentwood? The REAL Brentwood lol I really love the old Hickory area, we stayed at the Residence in by Maryland Farms. I didn't notice any apartment complexes out that way but maybe I missed them?
For Bellevue does anyone know how either Hillmeade or 865 Bellevue are? I am planning eventually to buy a house but would like to rent for the first year. I am also going to be looking into possibly renting a house int house in those areas. I don't want to spend more then $1500/month. But I have two dogs I would like to have some room. One thing that stood out about 865 was that I believe they have a dog park in their complex.

I found a nice place in Mt Juliet that has everything I want but have never been on that side of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 11:45 AM

940 posts, read 1,902,777 times
Mt. Juliet is incorporated, but in the '60's when I was a kid, was kind of a wide place in the road, so there is not a definitive downtown, although they are morphing a central business district, so I hear, and Wilson is the fastest growing TN county now. It is conveniently near the 2 big area lakes, as you can see on a map. Also there is commuter RR going through there. If you think you're going to end up in Brentwood, I would recommend renting in Bellevue to get acclimated to that side of the metro, fairly different from the eastern reaches.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:59 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
There are no real apartments in Brentwood. The planning commission won't approve them.

If you like Brentwood, you could rent in the faux Brentwood area off Old Hickory between I-65 and Edmondson Pike. Or you could try the complexes in Cool Springs on Carothers (Alara) and The Landings off Moores Lane. You also could rent a condo in Brentwood Point, if there are any available.

These would give you access to the Brentwood amenities. You didn't mention family, but Brentwood is not really a singles area. Its largest population group is empty nesters, followed closely by families with lots of kids.

Bellevue is great for renting but a little out of the way for some things.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:04 AM

243 posts, read 692,670 times
I lived in Bellevue for 2 years. I actually rented an apartment at the Lakes of Bellevue. Its an older complex, but I didn't really have any complaints except the geese. Luckily, I lived in the very back and didn't really have to deal with them. They're pet friendly and I believe there is a little fenced in area for dogs in a portion of the complex. Plus, the complex is near Percy Werner and Edwin Werner parks. I think a new management company has taken over, though. . . I haven't lived there in 2-3 years so I'm not sure how everything is now.

Bellevue is a little out of the way of things, depending on what you want. I worked in Brentwood, so it was perfect. However, its kind annoying when you have to go downtown. Its either I-40 or hwy 70 into town (both of which can be an absolute pain during peak times)

I'm not sure about Hillmeade, but a friend of mine lived in 865 and hated it. These used to be called Knollwood apartments. They remodeled, but it was cheaply done and his A/C broke at least 5-6 times.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:41 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,030,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
There are no real apartments in Brentwood. The planning commission won't approve them.

If you like Brentwood, you could rent in the faux Brentwood area off Old Hickory between I-65 and Edmondson Pike. Or you could try the complexes in Cool Springs on Carothers (Alara) and The Landings off Moores Lane. You also could rent a condo in Brentwood Point, if there are any available.

These would give you access to the Brentwood amenities. You didn't mention family, but Brentwood is not really a singles area. Its largest population group is empty nesters, followed closely by families with lots of kids.

Bellevue is great for renting but a little out of the way for some things.
I am pretty sure The Landings is within the Brentwood city limits.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:16 AM

150 posts, read 441,586 times
I live in Hilllmeade and love it! Lived here from 6/08 until 8/09 and came back again this past January. It is safe, quiet, in a beautiful setting and the staff is great. They apts are large and well kept up. I have two dogs and I walk them around the complex up in the hills. When I moved I was advised by several people to stay away from 865 Bellevue and I have seen numerous posts on this board stating the same thing. Good luck with your move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: