Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 10:54 AM

11 posts, read 44,774 times

Advertisements

I'm planning a trip to Nashville, and several people have told me that I absolutely MUST eat at a place called The Pancake Pantry.

Is the food good there?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 10:56 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,218,216 times
The food is okay, I guess. The thing about the Pancake Pantry is it's near Music Row and some of the big name country stars eat there, so you never know who you'll see there. Garth Brooks used to eat there a lot.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:25 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,634,713 times
Is it good?? We don't stand in line for BAD.

They have killer pancakes, crepes, syrups, etc. Try the sweet potato pancakes (tastes kind of like pumpkin bread) with the warm vanilla cream syrup. SO good! Best of all though, are their potatoes. Fabulous! If you've over-indulged, they'll happily make you an egg white omelette with veggies or lean, julienned ham. YUM!

We've seen Vince Gill there many times. He's come to say hi and meet our out-of-town guests. Suzy Bogguss, Lyle Lovett, lots of Preds hockey stars, etc.

Oh yeah, they serve lunch too.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Pancake Pantry

Wow, it does sound tasty! And maybe a chance to meet someone famous too.

My friend said there was a line when she was there also, so it must be mighty good.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:08 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,218,216 times
After the Pancake Pantry . . . it's out to the Loveless Cafe.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:16 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,634,713 times
I lost my love for the Loveless when they made it over. Only the biscuits remain the same.......

Old 08-06-2007, 05:58 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,974,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
I lost my love for the Loveless when they made it over. Only the biscuits remain the same.......
That just breaks my heart! I haven't been to the Loveless in years. I'm glad the biscuits are the same, though. Is it the food that isn't as good as it used to be, or is it just the over-all atmosphere?

And I'm with you on the Pancake Pantry! People stand in line around the block to be able to eat there, and for good reason. There's also a location in Gatlinburg which is just as popular. Other "pancake houses" stay half-empty whereas the Pancake Pantry is jam packed.

I think my favorite pancakes are the apple cinnamon pancakes with applesauce and a warm cinnamon cream that's so sweet your teeth hurt.

To the original poster: be warned that the Pancake Pantry is not open for supper. At least that's how it used to be. So unless things have changed, don't plan on having a nice pancake supper.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:40 PM

Thanks for the info on the Pancake Pantry not being open for supper. I'll be sure to plan a breakfast meal there. Maybe I'll get lucky & avoid a long line!

Old 08-13-2007, 07:27 PM

15 posts, read 60,125 times
We always take our out-of-town guests to Pancake Pantry-- they've all loved it. Be sure to ask for the "special" syrup, since they no longer put it on the table! If the line is really long(weekends, mostly), have a designated place holder, and run across the street to the wonderful bakery/cafe for a latte to help pass the time. I'm not really a pancake lover, so I always get the grill cook's special egg dish---yum-o!

Old 08-13-2007, 09:48 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
That just breaks my heart! I haven't been to the Loveless in years. I'm glad the biscuits are the same, though. Is it the food that isn't as good as it used to be, or is it just the over-all atmosphere?

And I'm with you on the Pancake Pantry! People stand in line around the block to be able to eat there, and for good reason. There's also a location in Gatlinburg which is just as popular. Other "pancake houses" stay half-empty whereas the Pancake Pantry is jam packed.

I think my favorite pancakes are the apple cinnamon pancakes with applesauce and a warm cinnamon cream that's so sweet your teeth hurt.

To the original poster: be warned that the Pancake Pantry is not open for supper. At least that's how it used to be. So unless things have changed, don't plan on having a nice pancake supper.
I know a certain new country star that loves the Chocolate Chip Pancakes at the loveless. I saw him there once and was told he is there every week.
Diane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville