Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2007, 05:13 AM

3 posts, read 12,303 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to Nashville this October. We sorted through the many options of how we were going to handle the move. In the end, we had decided to keep our house in Philadelphia. We are going to rent it out

It is looking like we will be in Tennessee for only about 3 years, so we are opting to rent while living in Nashville as opposed to buying.

I have spent some time reading about the different neighborhoods and towns in the greater Nashville area. Our focus has now been around the Bellevue area for the seemingly quick commute to the Vanderbilt and Downtown areas as well as the area being fairly quiet, affordable and safe. Are these correct assumptions so far???

Though I have done a lot of searching on-line, there is a good chance we may not have the opportunity to physically SEE the different apartment/condo/townhouse rental properties in person before making the move. I’ve narrowed our list down to a handful of places. I do not know what to believe on some of the “rate your rental” type sites.

I was wondering what anyone here knows about these properties, good or bad, around Bellevue listed below...

-865 Bellevue
-The Lexington
-Crossings of Bellevue
-Wyndchase Bellevue

Is anyone here familiar with these??? Are we heading in the right direction???

want to make sure we’ll be in a place we will be comfortable with so we won’t have to think about moving for about another three years.

Are there comparable complexes in the area I should look into as well? Are there comparable towns we should look at?

Basically, we are a married couple with no kids. We would like to have a short commute to Vanderbilt and Downtown. We are looking to rent at least a 2 bedroom place with some space for under $1000 / month with some amenities... pool, fitness center, small dog friendly. Close to shopping and safe… (We’re moving from Philly, so almost anywhere is safer).

Thank you for your time reading this post.

See you in Nashville,

Matt & Michelle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 06:08 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
I've lived in Bellevue for more than twenty years. Yes, your assumptions are basically correct.

I haven't been in all of the apartments you listed, but I'm somewhat familiar will all of them. If I'm correct, 865 Bellevue used to be the Knollwood Apartments. I lived there for a year when I first moved to Bellevue. They have completely remodeled those apartment in the last year or so.

If I were ranking those four apartment complexes, judging from the exterior and what I've vaguely heard about each of them, I would probably rank them in this order (although it's a bit of a guess):

The Lexington and The Crossings about equal, maybe a slight nod to The Crossings.

865 Bellevue (this assumes they're done a good job with the remodeling--it looks like they have from the exterior. Before the remodeling I would have probably warned you away from them; they were getting old and out-dated).

Wyndchase (they looks okay because they're fairly new, but I heard a negative comment or two about them. I've never been inside any of the units).

I think any of those apartment would be okay. They are comparable. They're all in safe areas, are reasonably well-maintained, clean, in convenient locations, and probably most of the residents are nice folks (as I'm sure you're aware, with apartments, there always one in the building who you wish would move away).

Any other questions?

Last edited by alleycat; 08-30-2007 at 06:43 AM..

Old 08-30-2007, 04:08 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,991 times
What about The Lakes of Bellevue? I know you're married, but that place is tops in Bellevue for eye candy. Rates are very reasonable, it is actually closer to Vandy and downtown than any of the places you mentioned.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:40 AM

3 posts, read 12,303 times
Thanks for the info, AlleyCat.

Wha's th scoop on Post Ridge???

Old 01-14-2008, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,854 times
Angry do not go to 865 Bellevue

I have lived at 865 bellevue and it is nothing like i thought that it would be! I love Nashville and the surrounding areas but this apt. complex has got to be one of the most discusting that i have ever been at. they are the nicest people that you could ever come across and they helped us get into the apt with no problem. but after you move in is when it all starts. our water is turned of at least 2 times a month and never any parking in the complex. I have got 3 flat tires from the construction crew and they will not pay for the damage, but tell you that they will and it still has not happened.

the construction crew is the loudest people and most disrespectful that i have ever come across with the music loud and working all hours of the night.

the office personell is rude and they cannot seem to keep anyone in there for help, and the good one that they did have the runned her off as well...

The rent is too high for what they offer,being you can go right across the street and get better service and the same apartment for less money! I will be moving there when my lease is up and will never think twice about turnning back! please do not make the same mistake that i did! PLEASE!

This has been the worst mistake of my life! I will not ever refer anyone to this apt complex.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:42 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saynoto865Bellevue View Post
I have lived at 865 bellevue and it is nothing like i thought that it would be! I love Nashville and the surrounding areas but this apt. complex has got to be one of the most discusting that i have ever been at. they are the nicest people that you could ever come across and they helped us get into the apt with no problem. but after you move in is when it all starts. our water is turned of at least 2 times a month and never any parking in the complex. I have got 3 flat tires from the construction crew and they will not pay for the damage, but tell you that they will and it still has not happened.

the construction crew is the loudest people and most disrespectful that i have ever come across with the music loud and working all hours of the night.

the office personell is rude and they cannot seem to keep anyone in there for help, and the good one that they did have the runned her off as well...

The rent is too high for what they offer,being you can go right across the street and get better service and the same apartment for less money! I will be moving there when my lease is up and will never think twice about turnning back! please do not make the same mistake that i did! PLEASE!

This has been the worst mistake of my life! I will not ever refer anyone to this apt complex.
Interesting. I didn't know what kind of job they'd done with the remodeling. I lived there for a year back in the 80's and have a few stories about the place myself. I wondered if it had been improved. Apparently not.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:45 PM

35 posts, read 224,760 times
I lived in the Wyndchase in 2001. At the time, it was a very, very nice complex. Quiet with a lot of amenities (gated access, workout room, recycling). I'm not sure how it fares these days; it still looks well maintained on the exterior. At the time, I was paying $760 for a very large one-bedroom unit. As a single woman at the time, I neve felt unsafe. You should check some of the apartment review sites to get up-to-date opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville