Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2012, 03:01 PM

3 posts, read 4,293 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I have been looking around for apartments in Nashville because I am moving there this summer to work! I was wondering if anyone had any idea of apartment complexes! I am looking in the Downtown area, Hillsboro area- around Vandy or possibly Belmont. I have done some extensive searching on apartments- not having the best luck seeing I am unfamiliar with he area. I hope to find a roommate to share an apartment with- so possibly a two/three bedroom. I am looking to pay around 700 monthly. Any ideas of complexes?? or how to locate a roommate?? I also really like nightlife and want to be close to live music, etc THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 04:17 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times
Do you mean each roommate pays $700? Or do you mean $700 total for a 2 bedroom? Because that is unlikely to happen. Average rents here are $1000 for a one bed/one bath. Will you be working downtown or??? Living in downtown Nashville will probably be even more than $1000. Use the search feature for the forum (with no threads open) and type in "apartments" and you'll find lots of posts!

Old 12-17-2012, 05:39 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,844,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Do you mean each roommate pays $700? Or do you mean $700 total for a 2 bedroom? Because that is unlikely to happen. Average rents here are $1000 for a one bed/one bath. Will you be working downtown or??? Living in downtown Nashville will probably be even more than $1000. Use the search feature for the forum (with no threads open) and type in "apartments" and you'll find lots of posts!
$1000 is really high for a 1 bed/1 bath in Nashville. That may be the average for downtown/west end but not in the city or area as a whole. It's around 800/month.

If you're looking at 700 per person for a 2 bedroom then you will have quite a few options.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:26 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
For the areas the OPer listed, $1,000/mo is on the low end for a decent 1bd, especially downtown or The Gulch.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:56 PM

I am looking for around $700 per person. I have been interested in the DT area or hillsboro area but i'm open to other areas.. as long as they are safe and "full of life" for a recent college grad! Does anyone have any specific complexes they have heard good things about or people have lived in you know? I have looked at a lot of sites, i'm just looking for some input from people who have had experiences rather than looking at apartment websites! THANKS )

Old 12-17-2012, 10:59 PM

11,638 posts, read 12,709,490 times
Hillsboro and West End are 22 year old living with roommates central. There are many Vanderbilt graduate students and recent graduates living there. Some are in the apartment buildings, others are renting out homes. The only problem is that because Vanderbilt is having to use off-campus housing for their students while they construct some new on-campus dorms, it's a little tight right now. But it's possible. I know some recent grads who are renting out an attached home from one of the professors. They are paying in the vicinity of your price range.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:06 AM

Hi Coney, thanks for the information! I am definitely interested in that area of town. Do you know if those people are renting for a long time or if they happen to be looking for any more roommates? Also does anyone know any good companies to go through for homes (not apartments). Doing online searches i have found just the main apartment complexes, but are there other options that are not as advertised online? THANKS FOR ALL YOU HELP )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville