Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 06:57 AM

95 posts, read 206,447 times

Advertisements

If you like NY style pizza DO NOT go to Mafioza's as it is pretty awful "NY style" pizza. You would be better off getting a thin crust frozen pizza from the grocery store. NY NY in Mt. Juliet has been the only decent but far from great NY style pizza I have found.

Out of the 5 places I have tried so far, while not some of the main recommendations in this thread, the pizza here is lacking but that has been my experience in Nashville restaurants overall. There are some good places but they are not as common as in other similar sized cities.

I will however have to try a couple of the recommended.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:27 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
NY Pie in West Nashville is fantastic. Started by a NYC transplant.
I like it a lot better than Joey's.
We'll have to try Angelo's.
Has anyone tried the new Chicago style pizza place in Cool Springs?
Jett's is one of my least favorite pizza places.

Off-pizza topic- wmsn- I ate at Melrose B & C BBQ last week, and they automatically added slaw to my sandwich, so maybe they have changed to be more authentic Memphis style.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:29 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
NY Pie in West Nashville is fantastic. Started by a NYC transplant.
I like it a lot better than Joey's.
We'll have to try Angelo's.
Has anyone tried the new Chicago style pizza place in Cool Springs?
Jett's is one of my least favorite pizza places.

Off-pizza topic- wmsn- I ate at Melrose B & C BBQ last week, and they automatically added slaw to my sandwich, so maybe they have changed to be more authentic Memphis style.
Thx for the tip! I've been having a craving, so I will need to go by there.

My folks tried Old Chicago and really liked it. FWIW

Old 12-29-2012, 11:08 AM

216 posts, read 346,687 times
I would like to add that "The Wild Hare" on White Bridge, just south of I-40, is not messing around with their pizza. Fun experience as well.

Pizza
Wild Hare Pizza: Caramelized Onions, Herbed Ricotta Cheese, Roasted Garlic, Benton’s Bacon and Charred Scallions

Lobster Pizza: Lobster, Dijon Caramelized Onion, Oven Roasted Tomatoes, Mozzarella with a Smoked Gouda Sauce

Fig and Prosciutto Pizza: Fig preserves, shredded mozzarella and fresh mozzarella, baked on pizza dough until golden and crispy, then topped with peppered prosciutto, lightly oiled arugula, and shaved parmesan

Moroccan Pizza: Butter and honey brushed crust, with shredded mozzarella, fresh sliced mozzarella, roasted red peppers, curry rubbed chicken and sprinkled with ras el hanout (Moroccan spice blend)

Vegetarian Pizza: Grilled Squash, Zucchini, Red Onions, Roma Tomatoes, Mozzarella and Mushrooms

Build Your Own Pizza: Choose from: Pepperoni, Onion, Mushrooms, Green Pepper, Sausage, and Jalapeño
8.5 + 1 veggies, 1.5 meat

Old 12-29-2012, 10:32 PM

19 posts, read 51,503 times
I agree - having lived in Chicago and in Baltimore - no really good pizza in Nashville and Nashville is also lacking authentic Italian restaurants that are not chains.

There was a Chicago pizza place on Nolensville road but it went out of business.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:44 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,475 times
Okay, almost forgot. For decent Italian food and good gourmet pizza, try Coco's Italian Market (west, near The Nations/Sylvan Park). And if we're counting foo, foo pizza, you can't beat The City House's pizza. But going up against a regular pizza joint, that's not really a fair fight.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:15 PM

51 posts, read 128,455 times
My wife and I have eaten at every pizza place in the city (still looking for "apizza"). Five Points, Sal's, Bella Napoli and Porta Via are the best.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,293 times
looking forward to trying some of these, we've had Michaelangelo's a few times - not too bad

Old 01-17-2013, 02:10 PM

610 posts, read 1,624,001 times
I like Pie in the Sky pizza. Jet's is OK-would rather have Pizza Hut than that. Mafioza's-the one time we went there, husband was immediately sick

Old 01-17-2013, 08:08 PM

593 posts, read 1,355,945 times
Having had it a second time now, I'll put in a plug for Gondola House in Hermitage. I thought the hand-tossed crust was pretty good and it's one of the few places I've run across that has pancetta as a topping. Our pancetta, sausage and pepperoni pie was one of the best I've had in recent memory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville