Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2007, 11:17 AM

297 posts, read 1,078,489 times

Advertisements

This really sucks. Airfares are going to skyrocket for flights to some cities now. So dissapointed about this news...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 11:19 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP300 View Post
This really sucks. Airfares are going to skyrocket for flights to some cities now. So dissapointed about this news...
I don't think so. Southwest already flies to pretty much everywhere JetBlue does, and Southwest offers a heck of a lot more flights out of Nashville than JetBlue ever did.

You just won't have those cool satellite TVs and the nice leather seats anymore...

Old 10-26-2007, 02:21 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,206,471 times
I think I'm with JMT on this one. I'm not sure what percentage of the flights out of Nashville JetBlue carried, but it was probably pretty low. And, who knows, maybe someone else besides SW might buy JetBlue's gates.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:37 PM

Well, I'm from NYC and SouthWest doesn't service any of the major airports here. They fly into Islip, but that's way out in Long Island.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:40 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,206,471 times
Does AA have anything to the airports there? Losing the AA hub really did hurt.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Does AA have anything to the airports there? Losing the AA hub really did hurt.
Yes, we can fly direct either through AA or Jetblue (maybe Delta too). But, before JetBlue entered the Nashville market last year, prices were almost triple than what they are now. Once JetBlue leaves, I'm sure the high prices will be back. I fly back and forth from NYC to Nashville often, so this really hurts my wallet.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:58 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times
Quote:
Yes, we can fly direct either through AA or Jetblue (maybe Delta too). But, before JetBlue entered the Nashville market last year, prices were almost triple than what they are now. Once JetBlue leaves, I'm sure the high prices will be back. I fly back and forth from NYC to Nashville often, so this really hurts my wallet.
ATA is partnered with Southwest and flies out of LaGuardia. You have to change planes at Chicago Midway, but it might offer a cheaper alternative to Nashville than what AA or DL charge.

Old 10-27-2007, 07:14 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I don't think so. Southwest already flies to pretty much everywhere JetBlue does, and Southwest offers a heck of a lot more flights out of Nashville than JetBlue ever did.

You just won't have those cool satellite TVs and the nice leather seats anymore...
Jet Blue basically only went to NY. To get to Florida or anywhere else on Jet blue you had to change @JFK in NY. I think Not! My choice would be Southwest.
Diane

Old 11-03-2007, 01:03 AM

112 posts, read 436,780 times
Quote:
I feel your pain. I was finding fares at $150 - 160 regularly on Jet Blue and American for the past year between Nashville and New York. I never saw ATA come in cheaper, and it wasn't worth flying ATA since the other airlines offered a direct flight to New York. The fares seemed to good to be true, so I was flying almost every other week. Now I'm afraid they are going to disappear. For a month now, I've already been seeing fares at $200+ for BNA-NYC travel in November and Decemer. I wish Southwest was a reasonable option to get to NYC affordably, but the closest you can fly is either Philly or Islip and neither are convenient to Manhattan. Oh well, looks I won't be flying much anymore and when I do, American Airlines is going to be eating up my money to take me back to New York.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville