Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 05:51 PM

17 posts, read 34,688 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We just moved to Nashville this fall. I am looking for a good Mother's Day Out program, where I can drop my almost 2 year old daughter off occasionally. I am a SAHM for now, but am job hunting and will need somewhere to take her during interviews (and b/c mommy needs a break some days!) We are in the Crieve Hall neighborhood, close to Green Hills and Brentwood. She has been home with me since she was born and has shown a tendency for separation anxiety whenever we leave her, even with her grandmothers, so I want a place that is very kind and understanding.

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 07:24 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
The MDOs I have had experience with here are the kind where you would sign her up in a regularly scheduled class time. Attending occasionally is not encouraged, and could cause her to have more anxiety.

They usually have classes only a couple of days a week. All my kids attended the preschool at Brentwood Methodist, which is state accredited, and they had 2- and 3-day-per-week classes for that age.

There are lots of choices in your area. Crievewood Methodist also has a state accredited program that has been around a long time. Crieve Hall Church of Christ has one. A lot of my friends attended the school at Judson Baptist on Franklin Road.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:05 PM

175 posts, read 373,769 times
Yes, the only ones I know of are on set-days not drop-in. There are some drop-in childcare places but I don't think that would be what you are looking for. We sent our son to Judson Baptist and loved it there! I have heard great things about the Crieve Hall church (is it Methodist or Baptist?) that is right by Crieve Hall elementary as well.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:18 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,544,806 times
I'm not sure what age they start but you might check out Let It Shine gymanastics. I think they have more of a drop off MDO program.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:02 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,727,326 times
Let It Shine was my first thought too. I think they have both a scheduled and drop in program. So you could schedule her for a day or two each week, and then also drop in when needed. I think the Brentwood Y also has a drop in program. I know they did a few years ago. Another option would be the drop in daycare place by Kroger in Brentwood.
If it were me, I would probably do a regular two day a week program in Crieve Hall and then use the drop in place in Brentwood when you needed care outside of the regular time.
I've used the Brentwood place before and have lots of friends who have used it as well .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville