Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2008, 06:43 PM

121 posts, read 448,928 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am looking for a real estate agent that is familiar with the Nashville, TN area, patient, and experienced with working with first time homebuyers. I am looking to move to Nashville in the summer 2009 and would like to know what I should be doing to prepare for the move. We will be visiting back and forth this year and would like to get to know the neighborhoods and area a little more. Can anyone recommend an agent? Also, how do I get a listing of foreclosed homes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 07:45 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,962,412 times
I moved here is August and had a great Real Estate Agent. He was more than helpful to my husband and I. I think you would really like him. Since you are not supposed to advertise on here, I will PM his information.

Last edited by Kim918; 01-20-2008 at 07:59 PM..

Old 01-20-2008, 09:00 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,159,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingaway View Post
Hi,
I am looking for a real estate agent that is familiar with the Nashville, TN area, patient, and experienced with working with first time homebuyers. I am looking to move to Nashville in the summer 2009 and would like to know what I should be doing to prepare for the move. We will be visiting back and forth this year and would like to get to know the neighborhoods and area a little more. Can anyone recommend an agent? Also, how do I get a listing of foreclosed homes?
Gettingaway, Nashville is a fairly large area. If you know roughly which side of town you would be interested in(convenient to work) you should try to find a Realtor who is familiar with that part of Nashville. As a first time home buyer one of the first things that I would recommend is for you to know where you stand financially and how much house you can comfortable afford. Go to an established and reputable lender who also has offices in the Nashville area and tell them that you want to be prequalified for a loan. This will let you know what the maximum loan amount you might get approved for. However, I would caution against actually borrowing the maximum amount. I would suggest that you steer away from Adjustable Rate Mortgages and go for a conventional loan. Conventional loans are much less risky. You might also want to look at FHA financing as less down payment is usually required for this than most conventional loans. 100% financing with interest only loans are also riskier. Find out what you credit score is right now if you don't know. In general, the higher your credit score the better interest rate you could qualify for. With your not moving until 2009 you also have time to improve your credit score no matter what it is now. This could help you get a lower interest loan.
Additional information regarding an agent. Interview at least three and don't just go with someone because someone else recommended them that you didn't know. You can go to the Real Estate Professional Forum on City-Data for some excellent information on what to look for in a good Realtor.
As far as foreclosure information, your Realtor can provide you with this information or you can just search online.
I hope some of this is helpful and good luck in your search.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:09 AM

625 posts, read 4,573,716 times
I recently purchased by first home and my agent was great...she is also on this forum, but I will PM with her information and website-I used her site a lot for searching, it was great because you can see all the houses on a map and it is easier to search for your criteria than by zip code like some other sites...good luck in the search!

Old 01-21-2008, 07:40 PM

121 posts, read 448,928 times
Thank you for the helpful information!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville