Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,031 times

Advertisements

Try Bethel Family Academy. I teach at the school and my son who is in the 5th grade have been going since the 2nd grade. we have one day program or two day programs. Bibles for America—Distributor of free Christian literature let me know if you need more information. The program is located in brentwood at Bethel World Outreach Center. Corner of Granny White pike and Old Hickory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 06:59 AM

31 posts, read 78,233 times
Do you have to live in the community that these schools are located? I am not against the inclusion of church with school, I am just wondering if all them have this component. I thought someone mentioned to me that there was a public school that offered a 2/3 day option as well. Maybe I am wrong. We are putting out house on the market soon and thinking of moving to Nashville area. We are looking at Murfreesboro, Franklin, Spring Hill and Thomson Station area. However, this could change after we are there and rent for a couple of months. I would hate to buy a house somewhere and then find out this homeschooling option is not open to us because of where we live!

Old 08-11-2010, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,643 times
I am in search of a female teacher who would like to homeschool my daughter. She has a mild delayment so someone trained in special ed. would be a plus. She is 16 yrs. old and is on a 3rd grade level academically. No physical issues. Delayed from a childhood vaccination. (iagape2010@gmail.com)

Old 01-24-2011, 10:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,440 times
Nashville Classical Co-op meets in Christ Church on Old Hickory Blvd

Old 04-13-2011, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,308 times
My oldest son has attended BHSE (Bellevue Home School Enrichment and Tutorials) since 1st grade. I since have become an employee of the program and all three of my sons attend. It's a wonderful place to allow your student to engage with other teaching styles and other home schooled kids. You can google search for the website if you want to know more about what's available.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,106 times
For those of the LDS faith...AKA The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, don't bother trying to sign up with Newsong Christian Academy. Apparently our belief in Christ is different from other Christians and since they are not federally funded our faith is excluded from going to school with their students. I am still on the hunt for my child to be part of a Christian group where she is welcome and loved despite the small details of her religious background.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:52 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,546,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville mom View Post
For those of the LDS faith...AKA The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, don't bother trying to sign up with Newsong Christian Academy. Apparently our belief in Christ is different from other Christians and since they are not federally funded our faith is excluded from going to school with their students. I am still on the hunt for my child to be part of a Christian group where she is welcome and loved despite the small details of her religious background.
I'm surprised the LDS don't have their own home school group here. It is a growing community.

If you are just looking for a home school group I've heard good things about the group out of the Unitarian church in Green Hills.

Old 01-23-2015, 06:09 AM

372 posts, read 593,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
I'm surprised the LDS don't have their own home school group here. It is a growing community.

If you are just looking for a home school group I've heard good things about the group out of the Unitarian church in Green Hills.

This is an old thread, but I wanted to chime in since I was a founding member of this homeschooling co-op. The parents still attending are some of the most genuine, sincere, and caring parents I have ever known. They were true, true friends and I miss them dearly. They are so accepting of all faiths and are quite a diverse mix. I hope you check them out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville