Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 06:32 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,022,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACarName1990 View Post
...now I am east Memphis bordering on Germantown.
An similar area to this ^^^ in Nashville would be Green Hills. Not sure you could find anything at all in that price range, but until you know where you're working, we can't really offer logical suggestions.

Padmapper is the best site for rentals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 07:04 PM

7,542 posts, read 17,258,491 times
Quote:
Padmapper is the best site for rentals.
It's still pretty good, but unfortunately their settlement with Craigslist means those listings are now gone. Just an FYI... but Craigslist now also offers the ability to spatially represent their listings, so it's not too much of a loss.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:17 PM

31 posts, read 33,264 times
Are schatten properties apartments nice?

Old 11-13-2015, 12:13 AM

620 posts, read 1,200,079 times
When it comes to Antioch, this poster on the Reddit forum did a spectacular job describing the crime in Antioch.

"http://www.nashville.gov/Portals/0/SiteContent/Police/docs/Stats/UCR2014ByCouncilDistricct.pdf Here is a map of districts. (Click on the district you want to see for a closer look) Nashville > Metro Council > Council Districts A few things of note. District 32( by all definitions the center of Antioch, most populated part, as well as the notorious hickory hollow mall area) had 154 violent incidents, or 2.1% of the county's total. That means that out of 35 districts in the county, there are 20 with more violent crime. Districts 31 (brentioch) and 33 (Antioch by Priest Lake) had 1% and 1.6%. These two districts are among the safest in Davidson County. ~~~~~~~~Let that sink in for a moment, two neighborhoods in Antioch-Brentioch and Priest Lake which make up more than half Antioch- are among the safest places in Nashville.~~~~~~~~~
District 19 (Germantown/salemtown, Lafayette in South Nashville, edgehill in South Nashville), had 11.7% of the county's total violent crimes. District 21 came in 2nd place with 8.4 percent (the rest of North Nashville within the river loop, Clifton area of west Nashville. ) Rounding out the top 5 were districts 5 (East Nashville west of Gallatin pike to trinity lane) and 6 (East Nashville East of Gallatin pike)
District 30 (Harding pl, nolensville road, Haywood lane) the area often mistaken as Antioch had 2.5 percent of the total violent crimes in the county. Meaning it came in at number 15, out of 35. If you don't want to believe our metro's stats, you go visit sperling.com and type in a zip code and you get all the info you need, the results are the same when broken down by zip code. You can just google the crime stats of any zip code, it's not hard to find. 37208 (North Nashville) 37207 (East Nashville) 37206 (East Nashville) 37209 (west Nashville) have been the highest crime areas in Nashville for decades now. The worst neighborhood in town is probably the Cameron-Trimble area south of downtown and the jc Napier area off Lafayette. Dickerson pike, Gallatin pike in some places, db todd, Clarksville highway, etc are bad too. The worst major street is probably Dickerson Pike in good old East Nashville. Anywhere near the projects are going to be bad obviously. There are three project communities in East Nashville, 3 in North Nashville, 1 in West Nashville, 1 downtown, and 2 in South Nashville ( Edgehill and Jc Napier, both much closer to downtown than Antioch) In general, the inner city will always have more crime than outer areas. Even though they are gentrifying, North and East Nashville will probably be the highest crime areas of Nashville for a long, long time.
Not only does Antioch have less crime than many parts of Nashville, it has like 1/6-1/3 of the crime of Nashville's ghetto areas. If you really like statistics, you will notice that crime in Brentioch and Priest Lake is closer to the crime levels in Belle Meade and Forrest Hills than the inner city lmao. Anyway, these are the statistics."

Old 11-13-2015, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
When it comes to Antioch, this poster on the Reddit forum did a spectacular job describing the crime in Antioch.

"http://www.nashville.gov/Portals/0/SiteContent/Police/docs/Stats/UCR2014ByCouncilDistricct.pdf Here is a map of districts. (Click on the district you want to see for a closer look) Nashville > Metro Council > Council Districts A few things of note. District 32( by all definitions the center of Antioch, most populated part, as well as the notorious hickory hollow mall area) had 154 violent incidents, or 2.1% of the county's total. That means that out of 35 districts in the county, there are 20 with more violent crime. Districts 31 (brentioch) and 33 (Antioch by Priest Lake) had 1% and 1.6%. These two districts are among the safest in Davidson County. ~~~~~~~~Let that sink in for a moment, two neighborhoods in Antioch-Brentioch and Priest Lake which make up more than half Antioch- are among the safest places in Nashville.~~~~~~~~~
District 19 (Germantown/salemtown, Lafayette in South Nashville, edgehill in South Nashville), had 11.7% of the county's total violent crimes. District 21 came in 2nd place with 8.4 percent (the rest of North Nashville within the river loop, Clifton area of west Nashville. ) Rounding out the top 5 were districts 5 (East Nashville west of Gallatin pike to trinity lane) and 6 (East Nashville East of Gallatin pike)
District 30 (Harding pl, nolensville road, Haywood lane) the area often mistaken as Antioch had 2.5 percent of the total violent crimes in the county. Meaning it came in at number 15, out of 35. If you don't want to believe our metro's stats, you go visit sperling.com and type in a zip code and you get all the info you need, the results are the same when broken down by zip code. You can just google the crime stats of any zip code, it's not hard to find. 37208 (North Nashville) 37207 (East Nashville) 37206 (East Nashville) 37209 (west Nashville) have been the highest crime areas in Nashville for decades now. The worst neighborhood in town is probably the Cameron-Trimble area south of downtown and the jc Napier area off Lafayette. Dickerson pike, Gallatin pike in some places, db todd, Clarksville highway, etc are bad too. The worst major street is probably Dickerson Pike in good old East Nashville. Anywhere near the projects are going to be bad obviously. There are three project communities in East Nashville, 3 in North Nashville, 1 in West Nashville, 1 downtown, and 2 in South Nashville ( Edgehill and Jc Napier, both much closer to downtown than Antioch) In general, the inner city will always have more crime than outer areas. Even though they are gentrifying, North and East Nashville will probably be the highest crime areas of Nashville for a long, long time.
Not only does Antioch have less crime than many parts of Nashville, it has like 1/6-1/3 of the crime of Nashville's ghetto areas. If you really like statistics, you will notice that crime in Brentioch and Priest Lake is closer to the crime levels in Belle Meade and Forrest Hills than the inner city lmao. Anyway, these are the statistics."
Yes Antioch seems to be my best bet that or Madison. I'm
Hoping to get a job in Brentwood so my commute will only be 15-20

Old 11-13-2015, 08:24 AM

569 posts, read 1,426,748 times
Quote:
Yes Antioch seems to be my best bet that or Madison. I'm
Hoping to get a job in Brentwood so my commute will only be 15-20

Just a word of warning. If you are aiming for a job in Maryland Farms....unless you plan on setting up an apartment inside one of the office buildings....it's probably going to take you at least that long to get out of Maryland Farms every day. Not trying to be discouraging...I just want to make sure you are realistic about what traffic in Nashville is really like these days. I live 4 miles from work and don't use the Interstate to get there and back and it takes me 30 minutes to get home every day.

Good Luck and just keep doing your research

Old 11-13-2015, 08:32 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,022,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgefield D View Post
Just a word of warning. If you are aiming for a job in Maryland Farms....unless you plan on setting up an apartment inside one of the office buildings....it's probably going to take you at least that long to get out of Maryland Farms every day. Not trying to be discouraging...I just want to make sure you are realistic about what traffic in Nashville is really like these days. I live 4 miles from work and don't use the Interstate to get there and back and it takes me 30 minutes to get home every day.

Good Luck and just keep doing your research
Yep, 5 pm traffic is a bear around there. It seems like everyone leaves at once.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yep, 5 pm traffic is a bear around there. It seems like everyone leaves at once.
Oh man lol, well hopefully I can find a work schedule like 7-4 but if not I guess I will be in hellish traffic

Old 11-13-2015, 10:22 AM

569 posts, read 1,426,748 times
I would just concentrate on finding the right job for yourself and then you will figure out the rest. There are many options and I wouldn't worry about trying to nail down a place to live yet. If you work in Maryland Farms...Bellevue might be an option. Anyone who has lived in Nashville a while will tell you....traffic is much worse than it used to be and seems to be on a pretty quick pace of getting unbearable. The good news is....the new mayor has made it a priority to explore all options to improve it.

Even it with all the extra people and traffic...I still love this town. Right now, there is an energy here that you can feel.

Take your time and do your research and you'll be fine.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:15 AM

815 posts, read 2,021,017 times
Quote:
Oh man lol, well hopefully I can find a work schedule like 7-4 but if not I guess I will be in hellish traffic
I have a friend from Memphis who is always amazed at the traffic here in Nashville when he's in town for business. He just recently discovered interstate 840 to use when traveling to Murfreesboro or areas east of Nashville to avoid Nashville traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville