Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 12:02 AM

21 posts, read 22,413 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating from Southern California, and the greater Nashville area is high on my list of candidates, although I'm casting a very wide net. I'm looking to purchase a commercial building to use as my art studio/residence, preferably two story and/or loft configuration with work space below and living area above. Any recommendations on which neighborhoods might be best suited? Ideally, I'd be in a more residential area favoring cute "small town main street" type artsy commercial corridors rather than dense and tall modern urban centers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 07:12 AM

1,683 posts, read 811,803 times
12South...WeHo... Sylvan Park... eventually 51st Ave.

Others to consider might be Liepers Forks type areas if you want to spend big.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:21 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times
Do you need commercial space (like a storefront downstairs) or simply a house with room to paint (or whatever) in?

Old 11-03-2016, 10:15 PM

Thanks for the replies. Frontage on a commercial corridor would be great, although I could live without if necessary.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:36 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times
Leipers Fork is artsy but very pricey. But coming from the Golden State, it might be affordable for you. My other thought is Berry Hill. I haven't been over there in a while but I recall several houses that were made into businesses. Might be something there? Downtown Franklin has some galleries and apartments over Main Street, but again, it's expensive. Weren't there some artist lofts built somewhere?

Old 11-04-2016, 08:32 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,743,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grend View Post
I'm relocating from Southern California, and the greater Nashville area is high on my list of candidates, although I'm casting a very wide net. I'm looking to purchase a commercial building to use as my art studio/residence, preferably two story and/or loft configuration with work space below and living area above. Any recommendations on which neighborhoods might be best suited? Ideally, I'd be in a more residential area favoring cute "small town main street" type artsy commercial corridors rather than dense and tall modern urban centers.
An artist friend of mine had a set-up like that on 4th Avenue South, across the street from the City
Cemetery. But that wouldn't give you a small town main street feel.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:16 AM

1,683 posts, read 811,803 times
If you want 51st between the interstate and the river, you would have to do it soon before it fills in with bars, shops, etc. and becomes the next 12South. As that heats up maybe Murphy Rd. could become more affordable?

Nashville Neighborhoods | Visit Nashville, TN - Music City

Neighborhoods | Nashville Guru

Old 11-04-2016, 12:00 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,776 times
Quote:
Check East Nashville. Definitly a small town feel right next to the city. It's home to a huge number of musician and artists. This area is also home to probably the highest concentration of independent businesses in Nashville. Check Main Street and Gallatin Road for commercial properties. (You might also check rds likeDickerson Pike and Trinity Lane if your looking to get in cheaper and feeling adventurous. They are getting safer but have a ways to go). There are also all kinds of little commercial hubs at intersections throughout the neighborhoods. Good luck.

Old 11-05-2016, 12:48 PM

Thanks again for the suggestions. I've browsed the street level images on google maps, and 12South, Leipers Fork, etc look great.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:03 PM

7 posts, read 3,272 times
Quote:
Thanks again for the suggestions. I've browsed the street level images on google maps, and 12South, Leipers Fork, etc look great.
Yes, go with 12south or Leipers Fork. You may want to try downtown Nolensville, TN as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville