Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2008, 06:34 PM

2 posts, read 6,062 times

Advertisements

Hi all:

I am new to this forum and hope you could help me with some very specific questions....

1) I currently live in Boca Raton Florida, which is an upscale suburb in Palm Beach County FL - I have become disillisioned with Florida's many pitfalls (hurricanes notwithstanding)...I am interested in relocating to Franklin, since after my research, it seems to appeal to me...I have 3 children, ages 12, 7 and 3

2) I am interested in homes in the Meade of Avalon and perhaps Mckays(sp) Mill.....would appreciate your thoughts about these subdivisions from some non real estate folks...please note having more than 1/4 acre does not appeal to me

3) What is life like in Franklin?...I'm looking for the good, the bad, the ugly...again, I'm looking for a non real estate agent's viewpoint, which, in my opinion is unvarnished.

4) ok...I am Jewish, albeit a non practicing, non religious one....Nevertheless, in your honest opinion, will my family experience anti-semitism???...please, dont hold back

your thoughts and honest opinions would be greatly appreciated and you would have my sincere gratitude.....J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 07:57 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,547,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaconteurIII View Post
Hi all:

I am new to this forum and hope you could help me with some very specific questions....

1) I currently live in Boca Raton Florida, which is an upscale suburb in Palm Beach County FL - I have become disillisioned with Florida's many pitfalls (hurricanes notwithstanding)...I am interested in relocating to Franklin, since after my research, it seems to appeal to me...I have 3 children, ages 12, 7 and 3
Franklin is great for kids and families for kids
Quote:
2) I am interested in homes in the Meade of Avalon and perhaps Mckays(sp) Mill.....would appreciate your thoughts about these subdivisions from some non real estate folks...please note having more than 1/4 acre does not appeal to me
I don't know the Meade but McKays is very nice and people like living there. Another one to consider since you don't want big lots is Westhaven.
Quote:
3) What is life like in Franklin?...I'm looking for the good, the bad, the ugly...again, I'm looking for a non real estate agent's viewpoint, which, in my opinion is unvarnished.
It can be a little stepford wife-ish but it is a nice quality of life, lots of things going on, good weather, shopping and jobs
Quote:
4) ok...I am Jewish, albeit a non practicing, non religious one....Nevertheless, in your honest opinion, will my family experience anti-semitism???...please, dont hold back
I'm not jewish but I have jewish friends and they've never said anything about antisemtism.

your thoughts and honest opinions would be greatly appreciated and you would have my sincere gratitude.....J[/quote]

Old 08-30-2008, 01:29 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,960,229 times
Quote:
Hi all:

your thoughts and honest opinions would be greatly appreciated and you would have my sincere gratitude.....J

I don't live in Franklin but have been there several times. I lived in FL and know Boca very well and I think that woulds be a good choice for you. They both compare well. Do a thread search for posts about Franklin. They are always favorable. People love living there. Boca is more crowded that's for sure. As far as being Jewish, I don't think you will have a problem there at all. I'm sure some of the posters that live there will tell you the same. I will tell you this. It was a great change from West Palm Beach for us. TN is so much nicer, calmer, cleaner and everyone seems so polite and patient here. We also became disillusioned with Florida after 30 yrs so we hightailed it out of there. We have been here exactly one year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville