Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 01:06 AM

134 posts, read 680,896 times

Advertisements

Looks like I might rent a 4 acre horse farm in Eagleville.

It is 20 miles to Franklin/Cool Springs.

I am coming from So Calif...I lived in Indiana for a few years,
but this will be a big transition.

Anybody from this area wanna chime in with comments?

Love to hear about the area...pros & cons...just anything local really.

Thanks.

Also...I need to get three dogs from CA...any advice? I am
going to drive and cannot take all three with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 09:15 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketplayer View Post

Thanks.

I have a son that loves Eagleville and begs me to buy property and move there. It is a very small town and all that goes with that. There are volunteer EMS and similar services; very few "town/city" amenities (I think everyone is still on septic). It is a very peaceful area. I am sure it will be a big change from LA. There is a lot of property for sale there and buyers, like everywhere, are scarce. Good luck with your move.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:38 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
I mainly know Eagleville because I used to fly. Parachuting and glider flying used to be a big thing in Eagleville (and I suppose still is). I had a friend who was a parachute instructor and went to Eagleville all the time.

There's not an awful lot in Eagleville, but if you're looking for a place out in the country that's within a reasonable driving distance to a larger town, then Eagleville would fit the bill nicely.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:23 AM

134 posts, read 680,896 times
Thank you!!!

One of the reasons for the more remote area is for both a dog rescue and horse rescue opportunity. Right now I have three dogs I am fostering and want to take them with me. I will need to fence an area (anyone with experience here chime in please).

We will have one horse to start with as well.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:38 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
Just one piece of advice (which you probably know, but just in case you don't): don't use barbed wire anywhere around horses.

Also, when you come to Tennessee, arrange to talk to the people at the Nashville Humane Association. Nashville has one of the nicer shelters in the country and we are proud of it. They might be able to give you some helpful advice. For example, there might be vets that they can refer you to that will treat rescued animals at a significantly reduced rate (someone has to pay for medicines used, of course).

Oh, and be sure to use tie-downs around the perimeter of the area you fence in for dogs.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:37 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,981,632 times
I'd also contact Rutherford County PAWS regarding animal sheltering.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:00 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
There is a great new restaurant in Eagleville. You have got to try Eagle Roost Smokehouse and Grill. It is excellent and has great food! They have burgers, pizza, steaks, ribs, just everything! It is family owned and operated. The Eagle Roost Smokehouse & Grill - Located in Historic Downtown Eagleville, TN

Dollar General is putting a store in there. If I had the money I would be buying up some land in Eagleville. I think it is up and coming.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:40 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketplayer View Post

Thanks.

Welcome to TN. Someone from my Nashville New Neighbors club lives there , and loves it. She moved here from Arizona, although she was orginally from NJ. Its not all that far from me, a straight run, about 15-20 min.
You will be near the Winery , Arrington that is owned by Kix Brooks. Your also not to far from Murfreeboro. Its a nice area.
When you move here, check out Nashville New Neighbors to meet people, and get to know the area.New Neighbors - Home

Diane G
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville