Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2007, 01:42 AM

39 posts, read 246,247 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about Charlotte, NC music and film music opportunity? I know Nashville is the music capital of the world but I've heard that Charlotte has music there to. Does anyone have advice on what the biggest and most possible opportunity would be location wise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 06:00 AM
kar

179 posts, read 754,012 times
Hi-

I think what you need to do is figure out what is it you want to do in the music industry and then figure out where to move to. I would think for what you been saying is that film scoring is what you do. If that is the case, Los Angles, California would be the best place for you.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:44 AM

Hey Kar,
I'm a composer but also love doing christian worship music and would love to get involved with christian music and work around TBN. I also want to compose for christian films so I think that Nashville or Charlotte is probrably my best choice but again I'm leaning towards Nashville. ( :

Old 03-05-2007, 12:56 PM
kar

179 posts, read 754,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by music-composer View Post
Hey Kar,
I'm a composer but also love doing christian worship music and would love to get involved with christian music and work around TBN. I also want to compose for christian films so I think that Nashville or Charlotte is probrably my best choice but again I'm leaning towards Nashville. ( :
Now that I know what your focus is, Nashville would be a good choice for you. Both my wife and I live the Nashville area and both of us have formal educations in music and find Nashville the best place on earth for the arts. We have a pretty diverse community of all sorts of music which includes christian music as well. We also have one of the best symphonies in the United States as well as country (the obvious), opera, jazz, rock and the Nashville Ballet. One other thing is that all of the major record labels are here in Nashville as well which would include christian lables. I think you will find Nashville your best option. If you need any other information just ask.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:47 PM

Hey thanks allot Kar. Is Nashville also pretty excepting of other races? I'm white but my wife is Hispanic (Cuban/Spaniard). Yeah, I think you're right about nashville vs Charlotte.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:32 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by music-composer View Post
Hey thanks allot Kar. Is Nashville also pretty excepting of other races? I'm white but my wife is Hispanic (Cuban/Spaniard). Yeah, I think you're right about nashville vs Charlotte.
Someone posted the breakdown by race of the Nashville area the other days. It's a diverse population.

There's shouldn't be any problem at all, except there is a bit of unhappiness about the illegal immigration problem. Your wife MIGHT catch a little of that from people who don't know her. I don't think it would be a big problem but you can keep it in mind.

Most people here are friendly to everyone . . . but, there is always one jerk in the crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville