Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 01:41 PM

16 posts, read 31,634 times

Advertisements

I am a photographer that is looking for a good location for senior portraits. A few years ago I ran across a nice place that I thought was in Atlanta. After asking in the Atlanta forum and scouring satellite maps, I think I was mistaken. Since asking the question it is really bugging me to find out where this place is. I think I have it narrowed it down to a few other possible cities and Nashville is one of them.

It's like a plaza or similar with some large buildings nearby, with many steps leading up to the buildings. At least one of the buildings was an older building like a library or a capital building. It seems that there might have been a fountain or maybe a statue in the center. This place was a popular lunch spot. Many of the workers from nearby office buildings gathered here for lunch on the many steps or around the fountain/statue.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so could you tell me exactly where it is?

Thanks In advance for your help,
JW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 01:52 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
Well, it sounds a bit like the State Capitol Building and War Memorial Plaza. There are LOTS of steps up to the capitol, and there are fountains just down from the capitol in the plaza. And yes, downtown workers eat and relax on the plaza since someone can sit on the edge of the fountains. There are various statues about, both at the plaza (a large one) and the capitol.

Of course, there are other buildings with steps and fountains, so this might not have been it. You can Google for Tennessee State Capital (or Capitol) and War Memorial Plaza and get pictures of the area that would tell you whether it is or not.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:22 PM

16 posts, read 31,634 times
Oops, I meant to say "need" not "nedd"

Thanks alleycat.
I don't think this is the place I was thinking of. I tried searching images on google and looked at satellite maps. It could be but I never saw anything that confirmed it. Even if it is not, this looks like an excellent location for photgraphs. I will definitley check it out the next time I am in Nashville.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
JW

Old 04-29-2009, 02:54 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
Well, there's the other side of the state capitol building at Bicentennial Mall.

Some other ideas for what you consider being what you remember:
The back of the Frist Center for the Visual Art (although I doubt is it; it's not that picturesque).
The downtown Nashville Public Library.
The Symphony Hall (that's a definite possibility).

Other ideas for photograhs in general include the Hermitage, Cheekwood, Belle Meade Plantation, the Country Music Hall of Fame, and a host of others.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:18 PM

137 posts, read 630,388 times
Did you become a photographer because you have photographic memory ?

Old 04-29-2009, 08:24 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,236,486 times
we always took our band photos at Vandy.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:46 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,236,486 times
OH, and if you wanted to go out of Nashville at all, my brother had his senior pictures taken at Rippavilla in Spring Hill. (an old mansion if you didn't know).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville