Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 08:29 PM

69 posts, read 206,932 times

Advertisements

Hello we are a family from CT looking to move to Franklin or Brentwood. We choose to use and shop for organic and natural foods. Here in CT we have Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. Can you tell me what stores are in Franklin or Brentwood? We have children that have many allergies to food.
Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 08:37 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,635,590 times
We have a Whole Foods in Cool Springs, a Trader Joe's in Nashville (Green Hills), and a great Farmers Market every Saturday in Franklin. Several farms offer shares, and the market offers everything from clean meat to eggs, dairy, baked goods, etc. Most of it is organic.

Welcome!

Old 05-28-2009, 08:54 PM

69 posts, read 206,932 times
Oh Thank you..Thank you... We visited last July and plan to again this July. We are going back and forth between outside Charlotte NC and Franklin TN. Such a hard decision, we are worried about meeting families and having no family nearby. Thank you for your Warm Welcome!

Old 05-28-2009, 09:23 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,845,186 times
IMO, you'd like Nashville better than Charlotte. There seems to be a lot more to here in the way of family activities.

I think there's another good grocery in Franklin/Brentwood called Fresh Market...and the Organic/Green Wave that has swept the country means you'll find a fairly good selection or organic fruits and veggies in the Krogers, Publix, and Harris Teeters as well.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:57 AM

107 posts, read 303,159 times
I understand perfectly - one of my daughters is an in-store educator at whole foods and after many discussions I pretty much shop only at WF. When visiting my other daughter here in Nashville WF is the only place I shop.

Hopefully your children are not allergic to pollen. I have been visiting Nashville for the last 2 weeks I have had headaches, ear aches, sore throat, and yesterday my eyes look like I have been in a boxing match and lost. My daughter said that her Immunology professor from Brazil said Nashville is a city high on the list where you may develop allergies. So I would recommend you find a good allergist to have in place before moving which I am doing today.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:26 PM

85 posts, read 418,679 times
There's even a Nashville bakery called Kateelayne that is a peanut, nut, egg & dairy free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: