Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 16,220 times

Advertisements

I Thought It Would Be A Good Idea To Get Everyones Favorite Places To Dine In The Area I Moved Here From South Florida A Little Over A Year Ago And Have Found It Next To Impossible To Find Good Pizza. Im Pretty Picky About My Pizza (im Originally From New York) Well I Finally Found A Place That I Actually Went To In Florida Its Called Mineo's Wings, Pizza & Raw Bar. They Are Tucked Away In Cool Springs, I Didnt Even Know They Were Up Here Untill My Friend Mentioned It. Its Family Owned Apparently The Son And Wife Of The Owner In Florida Moved Up Here And Opened There Own Theve Been Around For 25 Years Or More In Fla. They Have What I Call Real Pizza. Great Sauce & The Perfect Crust. They Are Known For There Chicken Wings In Fla. A Must Try!! They Have A Great Menu And Its A Sports Bar So There Lots Of T.vs & Games For The Kids And My Favorite- Its Non- Smoking!!!! If There Is Anyone Moving Either From Fla. Or The North You Will Definatley Appreciate This Place It"s A Little Piece Of Home Call For Directions Like I Said It A Little Hidden (615)771-7911
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2007, 03:49 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,415,087 times
If Miss Daisy's Tearoom is still there, it is an awesome place for a meal.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:08 PM

156 posts, read 679,879 times
l am new to Franklin from San Diego...and appreciate hearing your favorite places...please be sure to include where they are! NY pizza!! I am there!
Someone spoke of the Blue Burrito for mexican...but we were very disappointed. There seems to be a lack of mexican around here...what about Chinese in the Cool Springs/Franklin area??

Old 05-06-2007, 10:03 AM

74 posts, read 295,240 times
[quote=SANDY65;673035]I Thought It Would Be A Good Idea To Get Everyones Favorite Places To Dine In The Area

Monell's! Ya gotta try Monell's!!
It is southern cooking at it's best and all served family style. They have one in downtown (Germatown) in Nashville, but the one in Franklin is quite good too. Go early or go when you dont mind waiting awhile-it IS worth the wait!

Old 05-09-2007, 04:05 AM

24 posts, read 108,812 times
"LAS PALMAS" mexican resturant in Cool Springs Kroger shopping center....excellent mexican food and awesome service and my mother is from San Fernando Valley area and from the Bay area of California and had original mexican recipies so i know what im speaking about....and it is very affordable too

Old 05-09-2007, 05:26 AM

42 posts, read 163,440 times
Default good food

If your looking for good Pizza, try Joey's house of Pizza in Brentwood. I too am originally from NYC, Joey is from Brooklyn and makes his pizza as if he never left there. He also has a brother who has a pizzaria in the Arcade in the heart of Nashville.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:00 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
Some favorites-

Great dinner out at Saffire & Red Pony, pub food at McCreary's, veggie, black bean, beef and buffalo burgers at Cheeseburger Charley's, fish tacos at Garcia's, falafel at Sue's Gyros, frozen custard at Shakey's, everything at Dumplin's, Puckett's in town has great squash casserole and cobblers, among other things, biscuits at Dotson's are awesome, family dinners at the Chophouse or Shogun, Thai heaven (for us at least) is Jasmine, get your Japanese fix at Sake, ribs at Shane's, and when you're in the mood for a HUGE feast, listen to Makupfool and head for Monell's.

Blueyes721- We love Blue Coast Burrito. MX has so many regional styles, and we like this Baja style of taqueria. Others like the more common saucy enchilada style at Las Palmas. Garcia's has good seafood dishes and fresh salsa, but not 6 flavors like Blue Coast. Hope you find one you like.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:09 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
[quote=Makupfool;676160]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDY65 View Post
It is southern cooking at it's best and all served family style. They have one in downtown (Germatown) in Nashville, but the one in Franklin is quite good too. Go early or go when you dont mind waiting awhile-it IS worth the wait!
Actually, there's three or four in Nashville. One on 6th, one on Chruch, and one on Charlotte (I think). There's also one in Gallatin now from what I hear.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:46 PM

156 posts, read 679,879 times
....ok we rushed over to Las Palmas....and again disappointed. So I drank a few Coronas and all was well...LOL.
I guess we need to ask for shredded meat first off...everything is like hamburger meat..and we are not used to that...but hey...we will keep trying..We are headin over to Monells and Joeys Pizza next time .....and then to the gym..ugh...thanks for all the input...it is appreciated.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:49 PM

10 posts, read 50,451 times
Try Garcia's for Mexican, make sure you visit Saffire...also try One Stop Cafe if you want to experience some good ol' southern food. It's not a lot to look at, but the food is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: