Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 10:09 PM

15 posts, read 45,293 times

Advertisements

My family and I are planning on moving to TN in the spring. After visiting and doing some research, we know that all the schools in Williamson County are excellent. We were originally set on Brentwood with the kids eventually going to Brentwood High or Ravenswood, but now are possibly considering Paige High school in Franklin. We are aware that the towns of Brentwood and Franklin are a little different, but where do the students of Paige stand up against the others. I know academically they are the same according to stats, but how about socially. Are the students in Paige seen as too rural? Do the people in that part of Franklin zoned for Paige High school go there or do they send to private?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 10:23 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,058 times
Page (no I) is in a rural area, true. They are known for their champion marching team and tight-knit student body. As far as being seen as "too rural", I guess that's subjective. There are kids who go to private from all areas. It's no different for those zoned for Page, in that I'm not aware of any more or less going private from that area.

IMO, Page's disadvantage in comparison to Ravenwood, (no S) and Brentwood High is its location. I would hate for my new driver to tackle those country roads each day! Also, Franklin High is the only Williamson County High School offering the IB program.

Hope your move goes well. Welcome to TN!

Old 10-28-2009, 12:15 PM

22 posts, read 46,485 times
My niece attends Paige and is in the 7th grade. I attend many of her functions and would not consider it too rural whatsoever. However, depending on where you might choose to purchase your home, it may seem a bit out of the way. There are however many homes for sale close to Paige that would make it very accommodating.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:14 PM

317 posts, read 1,231,017 times
The school itself as akm4 has said is well respected in several regards. I would imagine many people don't choose Page simply because they like to be more in the middle of things as for where they physically live. I had a client who desperately wanted to send her son to Page for the competitive band program, but was just more of a city person and did not want land to manage or to be too far from Cool Springs or Downtown Franklin. For those families that like to have a little bit of land (at least an acre), the area zoned for Page presents great opportunities.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:42 PM

15 posts, read 45,293 times
Can you tell me approximatley how long a drive it is from Page High School to Cool Springs?

Thanx,
Lorraine

Old 10-31-2009, 02:21 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,058 times
According to MSN maps, it's 11.6 miles from the high school to the galleria.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:47 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
There are Subdivisions Zoned for Page that are right off 96, so close to stores and no so far in the country. Arringtown Ridge is one of those.

Diane G

Old 11-01-2009, 12:21 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,545,726 times
Isn't McKay's Mill zoned for Page? It is pretty close to everything and ironically right next to Centennial High School

Old 11-01-2009, 12:48 PM

97 posts, read 271,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
Isn't McKay's Mill zoned for Page? It is pretty close to everything and ironically right next to Centennial High School
I think it is, but have been unable to find a school zone map on the Williamson County Schools web site.

I know there was an uproar among many Centennial parents in that area when they were rezoned for Page after buying a home based on it being in the Centennial zone.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:10 AM

1 posts, read 3,355 times
I have a students attending Page High and Page Middle school and would not have it any other way. We moved away from this area and relocated back specifically to send our kids to these schools. Page High requires students to do a senior project much like a thesis in college. I have straight A kids and am incredibly pleased with the education, communication and social aspects of the school. We are not country people, actually we live in a gated community! The biggest difference as far as academics go is what elective programs are offered at each school. The drug usage is extremely low, as is the drop out rate, and teenage pregnancy. We are second to Brentwood High as far as grades go. I also substitute for both of these schools and LOVE it! Great kids, great teachers, great faculty. The drive is not so bad either! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville