Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 04:46 PM

63 posts, read 183,032 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are going to stay in Nashville on a Saturday and want to know where the best place to stay is. We are mid 30's and want to stay at a hotle that is walking distance to some cool bars and pubs. We would like to go where you can listen to live music, get some good drinks, have fun and maybe even dance a little. Is there a hotel that is close to all of this. We were going to stay at the Union Station Hotel but some have told my wife that is not the best place to stay because it is alittle further away from some of the good bars.
Any advice for a good time is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 04:58 PM

569 posts, read 1,425,839 times
I would check out the Hampton Inn, Hilton or Courtyard Marriott. Those are all downtown and within walking distance of 2nd and Broadway. The Hilton is probably the closest...but any of them would be an easy walk.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:49 PM

any advice on what places we should make sure we go to. We dont get out much since we have 5 kids so this is a rare occasion

Old 01-26-2010, 12:27 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,630,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue1231 View Post
any advice on what places we should make sure we go to. We dont get out much since we have 5 kids so this is a rare occasion
Catch a Grand Ole Opry show!!! A must see for all ages!

Tootsie's Orchid Lounge on Broadway is another don't-miss!

Printer's alley off Commerce St. So unique!!

Old 01-26-2010, 05:59 AM

569 posts, read 1,425,839 times
If you're on Lower Broad....I would just wander in and out of the Honky Tonks and give a listen to all the different bands. There's no cover charge at most of them. You'll find everything from rockabilly to traditional country to newer country to who knows what else. All of these places are situated together...so it's easy to wander in and out of them. There's also a place called the Big Bang. It's a duelling piano bar. I've always had a really good time there. That one may have a cover charge though.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:47 AM

27 posts, read 109,965 times
I agree with the Hilton or Courtyard by Marriott. I am 30 and absolutely love The Big Bang, Tootsie's and The Stage. The Whiskey Kitchen would be a good place for dinner/drinks. Have fun!!

Old 01-26-2010, 02:14 PM

274 posts, read 762,238 times
We always stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown. It is great for walkability and a nice hotel. You can walk to many bars (Tootsie's, The Stage, etc) and restaurants. I love it! Have a great time!
How many days will you be there? Get a room at the Courtyard, and just enjoy the time sightseeing, going to the bars, have a couple drinks, dance a little, and mostly enjoy each other's company. I know how hard it is to leave the little ones..

Old 01-26-2010, 11:47 PM

933 posts, read 2,743,079 times
You should check out Robert's Western World especially if the Brazillabillies are playing (local session musicians). Have fun.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:09 PM

274 posts, read 762,238 times
Hey blue...and let us know how it goes and where you decided to stay/go, etc...

Old 01-27-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnsilly View Post
Hey blue...and let us know how it goes and where you decided to stay/go, etc...
I sure will, we went to nashville a few years ago and love it. We actually live in Williamson COunty now so this will be our first time hanging out since we moved here. ( we want some of the local life and not tourist traps).

Thanks for info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville