Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2010, 11:29 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

A pet-shop operator charged with swan-napping half a dozen of the long-necked birds from Orlando's signature Lake Eola Park tried to sell two of them on Craigslist, court documents revealed Friday.

Stephen Brezil, 22, of the Jacksonville suburb of St. Johns, turned himself in Friday at 1 p.m. and was booked into the Orange County Jail on six charges of grand theft and six charges of animal cruelty.

Lake Eola swan arrest: Man tried to sell swans on Craiglist, is arrested - OrlandoSentinel.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 01:51 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,094,032 times
Why am I not surprised ? the stupidity of some ppl never fails to surprise me . too bad those swans did not give him a good nip from what I hear they are not too nice at all . I recall being chased by a black swan when I was little .

Old 11-05-2010, 01:59 PM

72 posts, read 158,412 times
I had to stand on a picnic table and wait for some teenagers fishing to chase them away from me so I could run to my car. I was not a little kid either.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:57 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
I used to hand feed a swan at a park my hubby and I would go to every day after work. They can hurt! After awhile the swan (and geese) got to know me and my voice and I could call them and they would come! Sadly some people of a different ethnicity cut the swan's head off and took the body home for a meal.

On a happier note, the swans and geese that habitate on the river in back of the house are now my "buddies" and I can hand feed them too. LOL The geese walk right up to the door and honk to let me know they are there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature