Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 08:30 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

How cool is that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-PI-YqDkwk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 07:53 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,128,829 times
I had Boas and a python when I was younger. They can get attached to their owner and be good pets....until they aren't. I've had snakes that cuddled up and went places with me. Rode in the car around my neck, etc.... but also bit me if they weren't happy or starting to shed and had foggy eye caps. It's not so cute when that python is 10 feet longer.

Like Capt Jack Sparrow said... "Pirate!"

Old 02-09-2019, 03:58 AM

7,261 posts, read 5,139,849 times
Info to be filed away until possibley needed at some point in your life:

I was once acquainted with an exotic dancer who used a boa in her act. She said she kept the guy slithering about only in the strategically advantageous anatomic areas by coating those areas with Vaseline.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:17 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,640,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
I had Boas and a python when I was younger. They can get attached to their owner and be good pets....until they aren't. I've had snakes that cuddled up and went places with me. Rode in the car around my neck, etc.... but also bit me if they weren't happy or starting to shed and had foggy eye caps. It's not so cute when that python is 10 feet longer.

Yeah, I never trust any large animal. I remember a sad story about a young guy coming home to find his wife dead. They had a large constrictor as a pet, don’t remember what breed. Police said it appeared she was trying to give it an injection of medication, which the boyfriend said it didn’t like, and apparently it got a coil around her neck and strangled her.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:26 PM

496 posts, read 467,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post

I read an article where a woman was saying her snake, constrictor of some sort, loved her because he was always crawling into bed with her to "snuggle." A professional snake person said that the snake was not wanting to be affectionate, but instead was sizing her up as his next meal. Ikes!!

Old 02-10-2019, 11:43 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,572,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Fairwinds View Post
I read an article where a woman was saying her snake, constrictor of some sort, loved her because he was always crawling into bed with her to "snuggle." A professional snake person said that the snake was not wanting to be affectionate, but instead was sizing her up as his next meal. Ikes!!
More likely the snake was looking for a warm place to hide.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:43 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,128,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
More likely the snake was looking for a warm place to hide.

Yup. One of mine would go missing every so often. Guaranteed to find her wrapped all around a window, pressed against the glass soaking up the sun and heat.

Old 02-14-2019, 12:50 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Playful python wrapped around her neck. What could possibly go wrong?

Old 02-15-2019, 05:07 PM

128 posts, read 143,783 times
In New Brunswick, Canada a few years ago a python escaped its enclosure and repeatedly bit, strangled and killed two boys (aged 4 and 7) who were visiting family: https://www.cnn.com/2013/08/06/world...ths/index.html.

Last edited by Schwartzmann; 02-15-2019 at 05:41 PM..

Old 02-16-2019, 07:19 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartzmann View Post
In New Brunswick, Canada a few years ago a python escaped its enclosure and repeatedly bit, strangled and killed two boys (aged 4 and 7) who were visiting family: https://www.cnn.com/2013/08/06/world...ths/index.html.
Then you look at all the problems Florida has with invasive snakes that were left go by, one time, snake loving people. Many of these 'pets' are adorable when they are young; but they get large and can develop aggressive behaviors. Of course the owners do not want to euthanize their one time pets; so they release them in the wild.

Pet owners can make playful videos of their pets. That does not mean that their pets will remain that way forever. Wild animals and snakes learned how to survive over the thousands of years. One cannot turn back the hands of the evolutionary clocks in just a matter of years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature