Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2007, 01:04 PM

2 posts, read 5,253 times

Advertisements

Hello! I'm from Portland, OR, but right now I'm sitting in Bellevue, NE. I've come here to visit but will most likely accept this job offer from my company who has a distribution center here in Bellevue. Yesterday I drove 75 south to Route 34 (Union, Nehawka, etc) up to Fremont, across Route 91 to Blair and back to Omaha. Beautiful country.... but good thing I'm used to the rain LOL

Any advice on places to live? Ideally, I'm looking for the outskirts of a little redneck town (I'm from Maine, so "redneck" is a term of endearment), within 30-40 miles of Bellevue... I'm a big bird hunter (have two dogs + 3 cats) + would love to be able to have acreage around me, or at least a place where owners are open to allowing hunters. I really liked Weeping Water and Blair seemed alright, but I was pretty tired by the time I got to that point!!! Tonight, I'd like to check out the Iowa side... There's a lot of area to cover and consider in a week, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
James
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 01:43 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,560,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesre View Post
Hello! I'm from Portland, OR, but right now I'm sitting in Bellevue, NE. I've come here to visit but will most likely accept this job offer from my company who has a distribution center here in Bellevue. Yesterday I drove 75 south to Route 34 (Union, Nehawka, etc) up to Fremont, across Route 91 to Blair and back to Omaha. Beautiful country.... but good thing I'm used to the rain LOL

Any advice on places to live? Ideally, I'm looking for the outskirts of a little redneck town (I'm from Maine, so "redneck" is a term of endearment), within 30-40 miles of Bellevue... I'm a big bird hunter (have two dogs + 3 cats) + would love to be able to have acreage around me, or at least a place where owners are open to allowing hunters. I really liked Weeping Water and Blair seemed alright, but I was pretty tired by the time I got to that point!!! Tonight, I'd like to check out the Iowa side... There's a lot of area to cover and consider in a week, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
James

Lots of choices with that criteria. I usually tout Papillion, but you are looking for rural and its suburban. There are a lot of those small towns in that radius that would love to have someone come and move in. You will have lots of options and I have no specific opinion on which one. Good Luck and welcome

Old 10-15-2007, 02:43 PM

2 posts, read 5,253 times
Thanks Dave. Driving around yesterday, that's kind of what I figured.
But if there are any bird hunters, I'd still love to hear from you.
I missed Papillion yesterday, I'll check it out.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:13 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,560,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesre View Post
Thanks Dave. Driving around yesterday, that's kind of what I figured.
But if there are any bird hunters, I'd still love to hear from you.
I missed Papillion yesterday, I'll check it out.
Lots of bird hunters in there area - you will fit in.

Also, if you want rural then Papillion is probably not it - but check it out anyway - a great town (named 6th Best Place in the nation to live by CNN/Money Magazine recently - no other town in Nebraska made the list)

Old 11-28-2007, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,553 times
Hey Nebraska is cooool I just moved here myself. There is a little house for sale in Creighton Ne. 12,000 call Cal Henzmenn Bazile Creek Realty 402-385-5434 See you soon.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:23 AM

482 posts, read 2,226,855 times
Springfield or Gretena would be nice as well. Close to everything you need yet small enough to get to know everyone around you. As for bird hunting the best places are in southwestern Nebraska which is a real rural area.

Welcome to Nebraska

Old 12-10-2007, 09:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,488 times
I have lived in Imperial most of my life and am a bird hunter also. The hunting is good. I would be willing to answer anything you might want to know.

Ryan@chase3000.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska