Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 08:14 PM

35 posts, read 144,194 times

Advertisements

Hi - We are considering a move to Lincoln and we were wondering if the country club neighborhood in the 68502 zip code is a safe, quiet area for a family. Also, if anyone knows anything about the schools in that area that would be helpful too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 04:39 AM

300 posts, read 1,179,690 times
If you're talking about the area on S. 27th street, then yes, it is a VERY good neighborhood.
I have friends around that area of town and it's extremely beautiful, quiet and safe.
I know that it's Southeast High's district and that is one of the top high schools in Lincoln for athletics and academics. I'm fairly certain that the elementary and middle schools are quite good as well.
This is a pretty prestigious area of Lincoln and that comes with a price tag. I don't know if that's an issue with you or not though.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:26 AM

704 posts, read 1,872,494 times
Great neighborhood. If I had the money I would love to live there. Someday I hope!!

Old 04-28-2009, 04:39 PM

I saw two houses under 350,000. Maybe I've got the wrong neighborhood? Woodleigh Ln. was one and Winthrop Road was the other.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joestoes View Post
I saw two houses under 350,000. Maybe I've got the wrong neighborhood? Woodleigh Ln. was one and Winthrop Road was the other.

That's a great area for families, great schools, lots of character and history. I would maybe say that you don't get the most value for your money there. Lincoln has lots of great neighborhoods for families that are much less expensive for housing. It's a lot easier to point out the areas of Lincoln that you wouldn't want to live than the ones that are good. Overall it's a very nice community for families.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:35 PM

68 posts, read 228,991 times
Right area, you can find others not so expensive in same area. Check www.homerealestate.com for other listings. In Lincoln you will find a larger variety of house on that website compared to more nationally known ones.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:06 PM

Thanks, the other website gave me a much better perspective on the homes available in that area. Do you know if it borders a less desireabe area for kids since it is older?
Any other suggestions on great areas with mature trees and quiet are appreciated.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joestoes View Post
Thanks, the other website gave me a much better perspective on the homes available in that area. Do you know if it borders a less desireabe area for kids since it is older?
Any other suggestions on great areas with mature trees and quiet are appreciated.

In my opinion in that neighborhood as long as you stay south of south street and east of 14th st you are in a great neighborhood. The areas that border this start to deteriorate a little bit but they are not real bad. You can look as far east and south as you like and those are all great areas. As far as a mature nieghborhood in Lincoln this is the best one to look in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
View detailed profiles of: