Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 10:47 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Why does Nevada vote Democratic ? Is it the unions who control the vote ?

High employment, underwater mortgages... what has Harry done to help you out ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 09:13 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Why does Nevada vote Democratic ? Is it the unions who control the vote ?

Do some research. Most of the freeways in Nevada, the freeway improvements, are all Harry Reid "gifts" to Nevada.
Do you like National Parks? The only National Park in Nevada is a gift of Harry Reid.

Do you like wilderness areas? Go camping, hiking, hunting? More Harry Reid "gifts" to Nevada.

A couple of years ago I did a bit of research, which you could too. It was in 2009 I recollect, that $150,000,000 in infrastructure improvements in Nevada came from Harry Reid.

Now, I know there is another senator from Nevada, but, he does so little, I cannot even remember his/her name.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:38 AM

1,009 posts, read 4,039,173 times
Nevada Voter Registration Statistics

Old 09-13-2012, 11:19 AM

519 posts, read 604,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Probably no more or less than Brian Sandoval, John Ensign and Dean Heller have done...

Old 09-13-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
Probably no more or less than Brian Sandoval, John Ensign and Dean Heller have done...
Extremely wrong. You are letting your ideology interfere with facts. As I mentioned, do your homework.

Reid keeps getting reelected because he brings home the bacon. Even in the last election when so many ideologically opposed to Reid people said, "Anyone but Reid", when push came to shove, they voted for their own self interest, Reid.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:59 PM

2,850 posts, read 4,522,770 times
maybe nevada's democratic party has gotten bigger because we have a lot of ex-californians moving in ????

Old 09-15-2012, 10:39 AM

8 posts, read 11,955 times
In good economic times, parks, wilderness areas and the like may make sense but ... these are NOT good economic times and I cannot eat, live in or work in in a tree. If the economy does not improve, our lives won't either. Harry Reid is holding a reasonably good solution to improving the economy right in his pocket - a balanced budget proposal - but refuses to put it before the senate for a vote. How is that helping anyone? As the senate majority leader, it is not only his RESPONSIBILITY to pass a budget, it is the LAW.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmfmd View Post
In good economic times, parks, wilderness areas and the like may make sense but ... these are NOT good economic times and I cannot eat, live in or work in in a tree. If the economy does not improve, our lives won't either. Harry Reid is holding a reasonably good solution to improving the economy right in his pocket - a balanced budget proposal - but refuses to put it before the senate for a vote. How is that helping anyone? As the senate majority leader, it is not only his RESPONSIBILITY to pass a budget, it is the LAW.
A strong case can be made that man cannot exist without wilderness, your post is evidence of that. A suggestion, get out of your house, get out of your car, get into the wilderness. Get your priorities straight.

Certainly Nevada's livestock and what little farming there is utterly dependent on what wilderness provides. John Wesley Powell, Theodore Roosevelt, Gifford Pinchot and Harry Reid understood that. It behooves you to learn why.

What your post missed, is why Reid keeps getting reelected:
1. Generally he is the smartest man in the room.
2. You picked out what you thought would be the easiest denigration of Reid, you are wrong.
3. He has brought hundreds of millions even billions of dollars worth of infrastructure improvement to Nevada.
4. That is what gets him reelected over and over.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:21 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
"He brings home the bacon" is hardly a glowing endorsement.

I don't want some Hoosier's money wasted on our pet projects any more than I want my money wasted on Sarah Palin's "Bridge to Nowhere." Pork is pork. And it doesn't sit right with me, even if I benefit. Because someone, somewhere, loses.

I feel about Reid the same way I feel about Obama. He's better than the other choices. (They're less likely to completely ruin our republic compared to Boehner and Romney.) But I'm not particularly excited to head to the voting booth in November, either.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:09 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times
Reid is a very smart politician. He spent much campaign money to ensure the Republicans would nominate the most defeat-able opponent.

And at the same time, Nevada's public education system is among the worst in the country. Nevada's voters are not rocket scientists for the most part.

Then there is the old saw about interacting with the government: Republicans sign the check on the front; Democrats sign the check on the back.

There are a lot of people in Nevada who sign the check on the back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada