Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2010, 08:50 AM

20 posts, read 75,190 times

Advertisements

Looking for some input on great roads to ride. I'm looking for some twisty, hilly, back roads to cruise around on. A good road surface is a plus too.

We've been on the Kanc a few times, but there's usually too much traffic!

Lately, I've been setting the GPS to avoid tolls, highways, and interstates....and it's taken me on some interesting roads...some of them unpaved though. I'm ok with that, but my wife prefers pavement under her wheels for some reason

Were in the south east part of the state....often ride up to Wolfboro, Laconia, etc....so something heading W, or SW would be nice for a change.

I know there's a few avid riders here....hoping they have have some good suggestions.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 12:52 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,248,462 times
I haven't been back to N.H. for a few years so don't remember exact route numbers but there's some nice riding over toward the temple mountain area. We used to ride that way quite a bit.I know that you mentioned the Kanc. A nice ride to get there from your area would be up 125 thru North Rochester, Milton ect to Wakefield. Take Rt 153 up to Conway to West Side Road. Take West Side Road over to Rt 302. Rt 302 to Bear Notch Rd in Bartlett. Take Bear notch down to the Kanc. Take the Kanc over to N.Woodstock.Take Rt3 south To somewhere near the lake and head back towards home. Have fun.

Last edited by Ken E; 09-02-2010 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 09-02-2010, 01:42 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,715 times
Mmm. route 12, route 10, route 114, route 113, and the connecting roads will take you on twistys, plus through small NE towns with plenty of covered bridges to be seen You road the Kanc, but how bout the rest of 112? Route 25 heading toward 10, route 175..oh hell just get out and ride, you'll find what you want!

You may even find a Crazy old Biker eating pulled pork on the side of the road, if you do say hi, he don't bite ( much)

Old 09-02-2010, 01:45 PM

2,257 posts, read 8,173,884 times
Have you ridden 107 (the Old Province Road) between Northwood and Laconia? That's my favorite way to get from the Lakes to the Seacoast.

Route 113 is a nice ride, especially between Holderness and Sandwich where the road surface is usually quite good. It's most beautiful in the fall.

There are a lot of great, quiet rides in the Monadnock and Sunapee areas. Route 12 along the Connecticut River is a classic one. 120 between Claremont and Lebanon can be pretty in spots too.

Route 123 is also a great ride IMO. I haven't driven the whole thing but I really like the stretch between Walpole and Hancock; some really nice little towns along the way.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:55 AM

20 posts, read 75,190 times
Hey ...thanks for all the great tips! Looks like I can put some nice rides together with all this advice.

107 is how we usually get up to Laconia....it's a nice ride, and avoids a fair amount of traffic.

Thanks.....and if I see that crazy old biker eatin' some pulled pork, I'll be sure to say hi! Always enjoy your pictures Dave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire