Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's your cell phone provider?
Verizon 21 53.85%
AT&T 7 17.95%
T-Mobile 1 2.56%
Sprint 6 15.38%
US Cellular 3 7.69%
MetroPCS 0 0%
Other 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 10:56 AM

93 posts, read 167,405 times

Advertisements

US Cellular turned on their 4G LTE service in several areas of NH today, so I've been looking at switching from Verizon to US Cellular. I can get a plan that consists of 450 minutes, unlimited texting, and 2GB of data for $64 before tax.

What provider does everyone else have, and are you happy with their coverage/service?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 02:46 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,043,877 times
I have verizon 4g - it just barely covers my house, and sometimes depends on which room I'm in. but at least it covers it. T-mobile ended 3 towns away!

Old 11-05-2012, 04:16 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,986,655 times
I don't have a cell but my wife does so I hit verizon as she has that.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:12 PM

17 posts, read 35,335 times
How is the AT&T service in NH?

Old 11-05-2012, 10:48 PM

259 posts, read 602,132 times
I had AT&T when I moved to NH three years ago, and the reception was terrible. I got one of their free "towers" that's supposed to boost reception inside the house, but it didn't do squat. Dropped calls all the time. I switched to Verizon, and I have much better reception, no matter where I am. It's better in NH, Colorado, Oregon...

Old 11-06-2012, 07:48 AM

Verizon and US Cellular seem to be the best for overall coverage in NH. If you're in southern NH and/or along 89 or 93 then almost any provider will do.

I went to US Cellular to try out their service, so far it seems to be equal to Verizon. Some places Verizon has better service, other places US Cellular is better. It's too bad there really isn't a flat-out better provider in NH.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,497,774 times
We had verizon, we moved to Bow and got a terrible signal on ALL Carriers, not just verizon, but sprint offered us a free air-rave (voice over IP signal booster) (verizon wanted to charge us 200$ for this)

With that said, we switched to sprint, which endedup being the biggest mistake i have made in a LONG time. We get a great signal at home thanks to the air rave, but the signal everywhere else is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. even in concord I get 1-2 bars, drop calls in my mostly glass office building, nevermind trying to use data.

Sprints network is by FAR inferior to Verizons and I wish I could get out of my contract. I got into a battle with sprint cause they want to charge me like a 650$ early termination fee. (2 smart phones (wife and I)) they wouldnt budge and I am stuck with their terrible useless unlimited data plan which never works. The sprint rep actually told me I could use wifi when I dont get good data coverage, gee good thing im PAYING for good data coverage then....

Sorry for the rant but if I can keep just one person from signing up with sprint then I will feel better about this whole situation.

Verizon really is hard to compete with in New England, even if the plans are a little more pricey, your actually getting great coverage and data.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
We had verizon, we moved to Bow and got a terrible signal on ALL Carriers, not just verizon, but sprint offered us a free air-rave (voice over IP signal booster) (verizon wanted to charge us 200$ for this)

With that said, we switched to sprint, which endedup being the biggest mistake i have made in a LONG time. We get a great signal at home thanks to the air rave, but the signal everywhere else is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. even in concord I get 1-2 bars, drop calls in my mostly glass office building, nevermind trying to use data.

Sprints network is by FAR inferior to Verizons and I wish I could get out of my contract. I got into a battle with sprint cause they want to charge me like a 650$ early termination fee. (2 smart phones (wife and I)) they wouldnt budge and I am stuck with their terrible useless unlimited data plan which never works. The sprint rep actually told me I could use wifi when I dont get good data coverage, gee good thing im PAYING for good data coverage then....

Sorry for the rant but if I can keep just one person from signing up with sprint then I will feel better about this whole situation.

Verizon really is hard to compete with in New England, even if the plans are a little more pricey, your actually getting great coverage and data.
I enjoyed reading your rant, thanks!

Old 11-07-2012, 11:38 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,684,035 times
Sprint only because I am a former employee and they give me a discount.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:42 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,379,600 times
Tracfone. And like my location says, we are at the end of a dirt road. Coverage is awful but it's the only game in town for us. Forget data, we are lucky to be able to make and recive calls most of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire