Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 02:04 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times

Advertisements

Going to be in the market for some new furniture soon. Looking at the mid-range price level...so not Bob's Store or Ashley, but not Ethan Allen either.

What are some of your favorite furniture stores? (I'm not opposed to consignment shops)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 03:42 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Sorry, there is no such thing as mid range furniture.
There are mid range prices of course.

There are still furniture stores that sell furniture made in USA.
But mostly, it is more expensive.

All of the other stores sell furniture made in Indonesia, China, and Vietnam.

What you find in Bob's is what you will find in most/many stores.

This one did have higher quality USA furniture.
Bridgman's Fine Home Furnishings
2 reviews · Furniture Store
387 Miracle Mile
(800) 639-6208

Just because furniture is made in USA of course does not mean it is better or longer lasting.

Old 12-02-2015, 04:22 PM

Thanks, but Lebanon is ~80 miles away. Was hoping for something a little more central.... maybe Concord and south of?

It doesn't have to be American made but I am looking for quality constrcution, dove tailed drawers, etc.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:31 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,947,733 times
One of my favorite shops is the Consignment Gallery in Bedford. There is also one in Amherst. They regularly have high quality furniture, including Ethan Allen, Howard Miller clocks, etc. Being consignment, things change daily...

Seacoast Furniture on Route 1 in Seabrook mat be worth the drive. Also, Endicott Furniture in Concord.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
One of my favorite shops is the Consignment Gallery in Bedford. There is also one in Amherst. They regularly have high quality furniture, including Ethan Allen, Howard Miller clocks, etc. Being consignment, things change daily...

Seacoast Furniture on Route 1 in Seabrook mat be worth the drive. Also, Endicott Furniture in Concord.
Thanks I will check it out. I've been to the Bedford location once a while ago. Need to go on a reg basis as to not miss out.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:15 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,214 times
me.. I am happy with the living room set I recently purchased at Bobs

Old 12-03-2015, 06:54 AM

I wanted to add that I am not a snob who thumbs her nose at Bob's. It's just that my current (cheap) furniture is falling apart after just over a decade. I'd like something a little more substantial this time around.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:39 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I wanted to add that I am not a snob who thumbs her nose at Bob's. It's just that my current (cheap) furniture is falling apart after just over a decade. I'd like something a little more substantial this time around.

your money..your right

Old 12-03-2015, 01:53 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,494,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
me.. I am happy with the living room set I recently purchased at Bobs

Hope you didn't get bonded leather from Bobs, this was our love seat after 5.5 years, the couch looked a little better but was starting to peal off as well.

Needless to say I didn't really expect to get much life out of this couch as I knew going in that it was Bobs, however I did NOT expect this to happen!

Additionally the couch was not that comfortable either. (the back was very straight up, always needed to put a pillow behind your back to be comfortable)

This was not damaged from pets either. we only have a dog and he is not allowed on the furniture, and even if he was you can see the damage is up top where he wouldn't be anyways.

Back to the original posters question, We bought a nice reasonably priced (real solid wood) not veneer from Harris Family Furniture in Chichester. I have nothing bad to say about them and the table/chairs has held up very well so far.

We also just replaced our crappy Bobs couches with a sectional from Bernie and Phyls in Nashua. This one is top grain Italian leather and was about 2x more expensive so I sure as hell hope it lasts much longer. I will say we did 6 months of 0% financing which helps and I have a buddy who had an issue with a recliner they got and B&P replaced the entire set and gave them a rebate, they were more then pleased with how the issue was handled.
Attached Thumbnails
Furniture stores in NH - what's your favorite?-86e7f156-59fc-4140-adcb-64a1900818e9.jpg  

Old 12-05-2015, 08:58 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times
My wife and I have bought furniture at the stores in Gardner MA. They deliver to NH and don't charge a sales tax for deliveries to NH...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire