Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 06:23 AM

5,211 posts, read 6,147,251 times

Advertisements

I have an average of a 45 minute commute each way, each day. If you step back and look at the real picture (my opinion) hand held cell phone usage while driving is extremely dangerous. Everyday I see all around me weaving cars.......only to see drivers texting......heads down.........yes heads down. Now I can see talking on a hand held cell phone, but people are more and more gravitating towards texting. With technology and innovation rushing to the future, pairing with your auto will make these laws a moot point. No difference with hands free talking while driving and my father screaming at us wild children on long trips

I do not have a smart phone......which is becoming a much smaller and smaller group in America......but it is hard not to acknowledge the amount of those around me glued to their phones....movies, resturants, cars, casual conversations. People are missing seconds, minutes and hours glued to these things and a several thousand pound moving vehicle is not a place to have your head down.

Texting is the new instant orgasm of the future

These are my personal opinions and I in know way want to inflict my beliefs into other peoples lives

As long is they don't hit me with their car while texting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 06:58 AM

81 posts, read 138,016 times
Hypocrisy anyone?
Attached Thumbnails
Once again NH is proposing a handheld cell phone ban-image.jpg  

Old 02-23-2014, 07:04 AM

60 posts, read 57,816 times
Unless you are an emergency worker of some sort why in the h-ll would you need to be talking on a phone while you were driving. Pull over if you want to gab!! I don't think this is in the realm of seatbelts or MC helmuts- that will only hurt the person that chooses not to do that. This mindless addiction with talking and texting especially while driving is a safety hazard for anyone on the road.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:16 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebegonia View Post
Unless you are an emergency worker of some sort why in the h-ll would you need to be talking on a phone while you were driving. Pull over if you want to gab!! I don't think this is in the realm of seatbelts or MC helmuts- that will only hurt the person that chooses not to do that. This mindless addiction with talking and texting especially while driving is a safety hazard for anyone on the road.

Yeah and unless you need a four wheel drive why should you own one.. and we all know only cops need guns..right? Here's a clue..because this is AMERICA that is why..further this is NEW HAMPSHIRE. That is why..you know where we celebrate LIVE FREE OR DIE..remember, Hey I agree with you. The mindless actions of a few drivers who cannot operate a vehicle even though they have no distractions should NOT infringe on those who can..neither should the stupidity of some who cannot understand who to talk and drive at the same time be a good enough reason to ban ALL.. and tell me how an emergency worker is better qualified to do so than the average person? If it is a distraction for one than it is for all..right..no of course not..so why are you condoning this mindless action for those who should be concentrating the most on what they are doing on the road..no logic there. But as to texting.. yep we agree

Old 02-23-2014, 07:30 AM

This my friends is what happens when we get all ban happy..

Trending: Mom Wants Pitbulls Banned After Her Toddler is Mauled - Trending Now on Patch - Alpharetta-Milton, GA Patch

You know any supposed "Pit Bulls"
I do ..lovely , friendly , sweet dogs.. Let's ban them all because of a few thoughtless, mindless owners..right?

Uses only as an example..I could give you another one but that would upset too many folks with alternative lifestyles

Let's ban cell phone use instead of using common sense and dealing with only the abusers..right..

Old 02-23-2014, 08:26 AM

1,274 posts, read 2,383,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Let's ban cell phone use instead of using common sense and dealing with only the abusers..right..
I agree we should deal with the abusers, but the fact is even if they "deal" with the teenager talking or texting their BFF after he/she mows you down and kills you, you're still dead. Reactive rather than proactive.

I hate it that I sound like a liberal about this, and I get your point about "where does it stop", but look at the next generation of up and coming drivers. They were raised with electronic gadgets in their hands, have a 1 second attention span, think only of themselves, and can't go 2 minutes without telling their friends what they had for lunch or that they have to pee. This is only going to get worse, not better. OMG LOL!

Old 02-23-2014, 08:28 AM

196 posts, read 276,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
This my friends is what happens when we get all ban happy..

Trending: Mom Wants Pitbulls Banned After Her Toddler is Mauled - Trending Now on Patch - Alpharetta-Milton, GA Patch

You know any supposed "Pit Bulls"
I do ..lovely , friendly , sweet dogs.. Let's ban them all because of a few thoughtless, mindless owners..right?

Uses only as an example..I could give you another one but that would upset too many folks with alternative lifestyles

You can not outlaw stupidity and irresponsibility. But we need to make morons feel better so we keep inventing new and new laws, outlawing everything under the sun. This will never stop.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveusaf View Post
I agree we should deal with the abusers, but the fact is even if they "deal" with the teenager talking or texting their BFF after he/she mows you down and kills you, you're still dead. Reactive rather than proactive.

I hate it that I sound like a liberal about this, and I get your point about "where does it stop", but look at the next generation of up and coming drivers. They were raised with electronic gadgets in their hands, have a 1 second attention span, think only of themselves, and can't go 2 minutes without telling their friends what they had for lunch or that they have to pee. This is only going to get worse, not better. OMG LOL!

look at the current generation of motorcycles they were tuaght to believe that stoppies and wheelies are perfectly acceptable on the road.. the tuner car guys have been taught to believe that lowered vehicles that can cause accidents because they cannot adequately handle pot holes and frost heaves or certain of camber hills are acceptable as well as drifting and blaring down the road with loud exhaust at 8,000 + rpm.. do we ban all this because they have been taught incorrectly?

You can pass a law.. it will be obeyed by those who pretty much had limited cell phone use anyway, those who know they can handle it will still do so when needed.. and those who abused it before are still going to.. so some it won't affect at all, some will now be guilty of disobeying a draconian law even though they were no danger to anyone, and the nut cases will still be on the road, still be dangerous and you will still be fining them after the fact..after they slammed into someone..what then have you gained? That's right..nothing..what have you lost for gaining nothing? Freedom

Old 02-23-2014, 09:33 AM

81 posts, read 138,016 times
I know I keep saying the same thing, nut it remains the relevant point.

Promote & encourage INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Quit trying to create a more restrictive police state.

And to all the "nobody has any business taking/making phone calls unless they are Fire/EMS/Police".....absolute BS. They are no more qualified for these actions than anyone else. Being able to prioritize & multitask is something that we all have, some have very little...and that is the issue at hand. All you "ban this and ban that" crowd simply think laws are your safety net. If you truly believe that then you have no business living in a country founded on the belief of individual liberty & responsibility.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignuge View Post
I know I keep saying the same thing, nut it remains the relevant point.

Promote & encourage INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Quit trying to create a more restrictive police state.

And to all the "nobody has any business taking/making phone calls unless they are Fire/EMS/Police".....absolute BS. They are no more qualified for these actions than anyone else. Being able to prioritize & multitask is something that we all have, some have very little...and that is the issue at hand. All you "ban this and ban that" crowd simply think laws are your safety net. If you truly believe that then you have no business living in a country founded on the belief of individual liberty & responsibility.

you and me both.. but it is easier in the minds of many to just make blanketed bans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire