Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2015, 09:06 AM

37 posts, read 50,337 times

Advertisements

Hello, Everybody!
I have been lurking this area of the forum since 2012, with the dream of moving to New Hampshire, and now that it's finally coming true, I thought that I should introduce myself since I have the feeling that I'll be more active here.

I'm from California and I am married to a New Hampshire native. My husband moved out to California six years ago for a job, and that was how we met. When we visited NH while we were still dating, I fell in love with the charm. I loved how NH had everything that I could possibly need, yet not overpulated with identical chain stores and strip malls every mile or two; I also liked that there were more mom & pop type businesses, and the locals seemed to support them. It was the first time that I felt totally free, and I think that it was because I didn't feel cramped or crowded.

Anyhow, we're moving to Hudson, where my husband grew up, to be close to family and friends. Don't worry, I have no desire to change anybody's way of life, or impose mine on to anybody's. I'm also not a bitter, disenfranchised Californian who has this fantasy that NH is the place where good people go to when they die, where all of my issues can be resolved. <--I've seen my fair share of unrealistic Californians on the NH forum over the past three years; they make me laugh. Lol.

Well, that was lengthy. I'm just excited for a change of scenery, and am looking forward to actually interact with everybody here now!

--Tammy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 09:12 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,217,763 times
I hope you guys have an uneventful move and wish you good luck with the transition.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:45 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,250,082 times
Welcome

Old 03-24-2015, 01:41 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,745,260 times
Good luck with it....snow should almost be gone when you come up

Old 03-24-2015, 04:31 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,286,668 times
Good luck and enjoy!

Old 03-24-2015, 04:37 PM

1,370 posts, read 2,182,993 times
Welcome to New Hampshire, neighbor (I live next door to you in Londonderry. I'm a California native - in five months, I will have been here for ten years. Here's a link to some threads where I talk about my experiences since moving here that you may find helpful - they are getting a little old but should still be mostly relevant, I hope: http://www.city-data.com/forum/25181661-post16.html

I was out and about today, and was once again pleased with how friendly and helpful everybody was in the stores where I was shopping (and I went into a lot of stores). Whatever you might hear about the unfriendliness of New Englanders, it has not been the case for me at all here in Southern New Hampshire. I hope that will be your experience as well, and that you enjoy living here as much as I do.

Last edited by C2ShiningC; 03-24-2015 at 04:51 PM..

Old 03-25-2015, 08:10 AM

37 posts, read 50,337 times
Thank you, everybody!

C2ShiningC: Thanks for the helpful link! I know what you mean -- I've met plenty of very nice people in New Hampshire, too, so I was surprised when I read that they were more "cold" or "unfriendly," etc.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:12 PM

16 posts, read 19,932 times
Welcome to Tax free NH, there is a lot of good shopping and scenery within 30 minutes of Hudson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire