Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2015, 08:02 PM

5 posts, read 5,255 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any direct or indirect experience dealing with the property management company:

Harvard Management Solutions, Inc.
636 Daniel Webster Hwy Merrimack, NH 03054

If so, have you dealt with Tracie L. Hall who is a Property Manager?

I am potentially looking into a unit at Mount St Marys in Hooksett, as I see many are for sale and the building is actually very impressive and unique. However, the HOA is high at $665 monthly and I notice several units being recently offered for sale....anyone have any information or know the current situation in terms of special assessments, delinquency rates..etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 02:04 PM

10,926 posts, read 22,029,654 times
First you were looking in Florida Bailey Rd / NW 64th Ave Tamarac Area?

Then Concord http://www.city-data.com/forum/40865244-post1.html

Now it's Hooksett?

Old 09-21-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
First you were looking in Florida Bailey Rd / NW 64th Ave Tamarac Area?

Then Concord http://www.city-data.com/forum/40865244-post1.html

Now it's Hooksett?

So, what's your point? I live in Florida for several years in cape coral. Never liked the constant heat & humidity especially on the west coast. The Tamarac was for an investment rental which turned out upon inspection to be a terrible location and the unit was in need of drastic costly repairs, not to mention the community reserves were near bankrupt and master insurance was almost non-existent.

Checked Concord a week ago with a Realtor....saw both units at Regency for sale and was not impressed. Location was nothing special and the area although walking convenient, appeared sub par and run down. Not like Jamaica/Hillside ave in Queens, NY comparable to what I have seen in most general areas of NH. So that was a pass....especially when the Realtor told me just low-ball, the sellers were desperate.

A few units managed by HMS received sub standard reviews, via Yelp and others, hence the question as I see a few units for sale at the Hooksett location at Mt Saint Marys. Anything else?

Old 09-22-2015, 06:01 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,291,694 times
Harvard Management manage/d both places I've owned in NH and they have been fine, I have had no problems. I am not familiar with that individual, however.

That HOA fee is extremely high for this area, I personally would not go into a condo with that fee here. I vaguely remember reading something negative about St. Mary's but I can't remember what it was. I would spend some time doing some serious googling.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:59 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,212,884 times
do NOT move to mount saint Mary's. the condo board has mismanaged their finances to the point where the prior management company dumped them off on Harvard because they couldn't come up with a resolution to their budget shortfall, which was caused by frivolous spending. their budget was so far outta whack to the point where they had to hike up the condo fees an average of $120/unit per month effective January 1st 2015. overhead is too damn high for the amentities you receive(or lack thereof)

Old 09-24-2015, 04:29 AM

242 posts, read 245,179 times
Have fun with the hill at mt st Mary's in the winter.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:49 AM

Thank you for the insight everyone. I had my reservations. Such a shame as the building with it's historical value and uniqueness made it very appealing. No wonder more units at this place keep being listed and several dropping in price well over $10K since listing. I agree the $665 hoa fee and taxes would make this a negative investment, especially considering hoa fees tend to always move in an upwards costly direction. I have seen this happen several times in Florida, even on the cheaper west coast. Mismanagement of funds seems to be the de facto policy in so many complexes. In Florida some places are so bad the master insurance is unpaid for months, making even beautiful 100% renovated units a severe risk, not too mention securing financing is impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire