Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 08:43 AM

4,565 posts, read 10,658,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Standing View Post
Are you referring to Fairpoint? I've been really shocked at Fairpoint's dishonest tactics and incompetence. My log of calls to them to straighten out the mess is several pages long. It took months to get even one correct bill.
Yep, been there, done that. Very incompetent. The company is wasting quite a bit of payroll on customer service reps who have no idea what they are doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 08:46 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van David View Post
I have been a Comcast customer for many years. I have found out that Manchester is about to sign a new contract with them to provide exclusive service to Manchester again. I am considering switching to Satellite. I am not a fan of Comcast anymore. My question is, does anyone use Dish Network and how do you like the service and quality of their product. I had checked out Direct TV, but they would actually cost me more then I am paying now.
Get an over the air antenna for local stations, a Roku for hundreds of apps, subscribe to Hulu or Netflix fro about 10 bucks a month and say goodbye to the whole mess. Also YouTube has billion of bits of data stored on everything you can imagine.

Old 10-22-2015, 11:45 AM

4,569 posts, read 5,674,058 times
Smile Fairpoint can't even get billing right after they close your account

Quote:
Are you referring to Fairpoint? I've been really shocked at Fairpoint's dishonest tactics and incompetence. My log of calls to them to straighten out the mess is several pages long. It took months to get even one correct bill.
Speaking of bills, I cancelled Fairpoint over a year ago, and ever since I have received monthly zero dollar bills from them in the mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
Yep, been there, done that. Very incompetent. The company is wasting quite a bit of payroll on customer service reps who have no idea what they are doing.
The only good thing I can say about Fairpoint is their technical service reps were always on-shore and had a solid grasp of both American-English and technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Get an over the air antenna for local stations, a Roku for hundreds of apps, subscribe to Hulu or Netflix fro about 10 bucks a month and say goodbye to the whole mess. Also YouTube has billion of bits of data stored on everything you can imagine.
If you want to stream Netflix in HD, you still need a source of "unlimited" broadband Internet, and for large parts of New Hampshire, the only option is the local cable company.

Last time I looked at Comcast's rates for my town, unbundled Internet was ten bucks more than Internet+Basic cable.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:38 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I live near Kansas City
Then why are you in a New Hampshire thread talking about cable TV options?

What you do in Kansas City isn't even remotely relevant here.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:40 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
They've completely hosed up a number of my business clients. They go in a pitch a great deal with no idea of the clients network setup, client jumps onboard without calling us, and their network goes completely offline and their email goes down the minute they are switched over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire