Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 07:05 AM

111 posts, read 118,520 times

Advertisements

Just a quick note that if you are someone you know might be thinking about listing their home, the market has been slow moving and now is the time!! I am looking to buy and the inventory hasn't moved much. Need to find something very soon, before summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 07:56 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,949,596 times
Not sure what area you are looking in, but can tell you that in the areas I serve (north to include Concord, west to include Milford) and at certain price ranges, a bit of inventory is trickling on each day, and most properties are under agreement with a few days, multiple offers to choose from. The closer you get to the seacoast, the more frenzy there seems to be (even in some of the towns that are sometimes overlooked as being 'too rural' in southern NH ie: Danville, Sandown, Fremont, etc) Definitely a Seller's Market...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnbnv-n View Post
Just a quick note that if you are someone you know might be thinking about listing their home, the market has been slow moving and now is the time!! I am looking to buy and the inventory hasn't moved much. Need to find something very soon, before summer.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:40 AM

Thanks Valerie, we are in that approximate area. It is a sellers market. Wish there was more inventory. Those that trickle on range in variety so much and don't always meet our criteria. Hoping to reach out to some people that have been on the fence or in waiting mode to list. Buyers are there, thus the reason houses go into contract so quickly with multiple offers!

Old 03-23-2016, 11:56 AM

2 posts, read 2,740 times
I'm a Realtor on the Seacoast (Dover, Portsmouth, Rye, Hampton and Newmarket/Exeter) and depending on what you are looking for you will need advance notice of listings coming available. For example the condo market in Dover and Newmarket under $200 are selling within days. Single family homes in certain areas same thing. It helps to get on a Realtors list in the area you are searching so they can let you know what's coming on the market and get a showing scheduled for the first day it comes on market. If you are looking on your own it will take longer to get things set up and by then it's under contract usually.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:21 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,285,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn McGill View Post
I'm a Realtor on the Seacoast (Dover, Portsmouth, Rye, Hampton and Newmarket/Exeter) and depending on what you are looking for you will need advance notice of listings coming available. For example the condo market in Dover and Newmarket under $200 are selling within days. Single family homes in certain areas same thing. It helps to get on a Realtors list in the area you are searching so they can let you know what's coming on the market and get a showing scheduled for the first day it comes on market. If you are looking on your own it will take longer to get things set up and by then it's under contract usually.
That's what I've been seeing in my community. Most that have gone on the market have an updated status to "Pending" within a couple of days.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn McGill View Post
We have been working with a Realtor but unfortunately, I see the listings before they are sent to me.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:27 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,949,596 times
Quote:
We have been working with a Realtor but unfortunately, I see the listings before they are sent to me.
How long does it take your agent to get the listings to you? Even if the listing office isn't the one that he or she works at, you should be notified on any new listings almost immediately after hitting the MLS, if it fits your profile. It's not like we're back in the days of having to review the MLS book...

Old 03-23-2016, 07:12 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
So find a different realtor. Also, it's not quite spring here yet -- coming soon -- so I would expect more houses to hit the market in a few weeks.

Old 03-26-2016, 04:01 PM

So, no offense to anyone, but I would prefer to work without a realtor and use a good real estate attorney and title company. Hoping to find some for sale by owners out there!!

Old 03-26-2016, 04:20 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Do you care to mention what area you are looking in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire