Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2008, 07:45 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,973 times

Advertisements

I was thinking of either making my own gym at home. You know with all the fancy equipment, including a river current pool. Or just joining a good Very Friendly Health Club Preferably where the Men's and Woman's Gyms are Segregated. Friendly atmosphere is number one!

Would appreciate your feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 08:07 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,661 times
I thought I'd do the same....but a current pool is a dream i can't afford to make come true I have a treadmill, an amazing nautilus elliptical machine, and a bowflex ultimate (i think that's the variety...)in my basement. My daughter takes tennis lessons at Hampshire Hills in Milford, although we're not members (i can't justify it w/all the equipment at home). It's been years since I've toured the place, and can't tell whether or not it's segregated, but it sure seems friendly to us, and every area I've seen is clean and nice. Of course you're probably nowhere near Milford, right?

Old 04-02-2008, 03:25 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,199,237 times
Talking Hello Lisa!! THANK YOU!!

Thanks for your post!!!

Are there any specialized places, that sell different exercise equipment in NH?
Can you find a variety of them available?
Do you know the cost at Hampshire Hills?
By the way, what do you pay for the tennis lessons, and how many times a week, how many hours? If its not
too personal

Thank you so much Lisa!
Take care,
Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
I thought I'd do the same....but a current pool is a dream i can't afford to make come true I have a treadmill, an amazing nautilus elliptical machine, and a bowflex ultimate (i think that's the variety...)in my basement. My daughter takes tennis lessons at Hampshire Hills in Milford, although we're not members (i can't justify it w/all the equipment at home). It's been years since I've toured the place, and can't tell whether or not it's segregated, but it sure seems friendly to us, and every area I've seen is clean and nice. Of course you're probably nowhere near Milford, right?

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-02-2008 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!:0) SMILE!! IT WORKS! :0)

Old 04-02-2008, 05:57 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,661 times
No problem, Country!
I don't know the cost of a Hampshire Hills membership, and haven't toured the entire place in years. But my daughter's tennis lessons cost $22.50 each (you pay for 9 wks at a time). Members who want these kids lessons still have to pay - and suprisingly not much less than what I'm paying as a non-member, although I don't remember the member cost exactly.
The lessons are 1 hour long, once a week. This works well for us, since they split the group into boys & girls, each w/an instructor - there have only been around 3 girls enrolled during the two 9 wk sessions my daughter has been enrolled in, which is nearly equivalent of paying for a semi-private lesson. Instruction has been completely satisfactory, and everyone we've dealt with there has been friendly.

I have no info about purchasing home exercise equipment in NH, since i bought mine in SoCal. There must be places here in NH that sell the stuff though.

Country, I want to take this opportunity to tell you how much I appreciate your thoughtfulness and your uplifting contributions here. You're a pleasure to "know"!

Old 04-03-2008, 06:43 PM

Talking Hello Lisa!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

THANK YOU LISA!!

THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT INFO!!

I truly appreciate it ALL!! I am assuming the price you are paying for your

daughter, applies to ADULTS as well, right? Is she able to go and practice

there when the instructor is not around?

Thank you so much for all of your help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
No problem, Country!
I don't know the cost of a Hampshire Hills membership, and haven't toured the entire place in years. But my daughter's tennis lessons cost $22.50 each (you pay for 9 wks at a time). Members who want these kids lessons still have to pay - and suprisingly not much less than what I'm paying as a non-member, although I don't remember the member cost exactly.
The lessons are 1 hour long, once a week. This works well for us, since they split the group into boys & girls, each w/an instructor - there have only been around 3 girls enrolled during the two 9 wk sessions my daughter has been enrolled in, which is nearly equivalent of paying for a semi-private lesson. Instruction has been completely satisfactory, and everyone we've dealt with there has been friendly.

I have no info about purchasing home exercise equipment in NH, since i bought mine in SoCal. There must be places here in NH that sell the stuff though.

Country, I want to take this opportunity to tell you how much I appreciate your thoughtfulness and your uplifting contributions here. You're a pleasure to "know"!
THANK YOU LISA, FOR THE COMPLIMENT

AND YOUR KIND WORDS!! That means a lot to me!

It is very sweet & nice for you to think and say this!!

I appreciate it ALL!!

I also ENJOY reading your posts THANK YOU FOR

EVERYTHING!! You are a pleasure to know as well!!

Take care,

Have a GREAT DAY!!

Countrylv22

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-03-2008 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: HELLO LISA!!:0)THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!:0)SMILE EVERYONE!!:0)

Old 04-05-2008, 08:42 PM

82 posts, read 391,558 times
We live in Dover and belong to The Works Health and Fitness Club in Somersworth. It is owned and operated by Wentworth Douglass Hospital, and as my husband in an ER nurse there, we get a great deal on membership. The club is full-service, with two indoor pools (adult and family), raquetball, tennis, aerobics, personal training, etc. They also have a phenomenal outdoor pool with waterslide (indoor family pool has one as well!) and other fun things for the kids! It's a great place! (Welcome to the Works!)

Old 04-06-2008, 03:27 PM

Talking Hello TheFlynns!! THANK YOU!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFO!!

This is very HELPFUL!!! I will check it out!!

Take care,

Have a great day everyone!!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflynns View Post
We live in Dover and belong to The Works Health and Fitness Club in Somersworth. It is owned and operated by Wentworth Douglass Hospital, and as my husband in an ER nurse there, we get a great deal on membership. The club is full-service, with two indoor pools (adult and family), raquetball, tennis, aerobics, personal training, etc. They also have a phenomenal outdoor pool with waterslide (indoor family pool has one as well!) and other fun things for the kids! It's a great place! (Welcome to the Works!)

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-06-2008 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU!!:0) TAKE CARE EVERYONE!!:0) PEACE!!:0)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire