Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 12:12 PM

28 posts, read 26,384 times

Advertisements

Portsmouth, like most of the southern tier is highly democrat and progressive. It's almost a suburb of Massachusetts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 01:24 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHSkierGolfer View Post
Portsmouth, like most of the southern tier is highly democrat and progressive. It's almost a suburb of Massachusetts.
Yes, I'd say Portsmouth is very progressive. It's a rich town, trendy town with expensive shops in the downtown and cutesy restaurants. They have a great theater, an incredible park, and always something happening. In the rest of southern NH you get a mixture of hateful people and more reasonable people and the farther north you go in the state, the more Red it gets until it's just about all red. Some of the people can be really nasty and mean spirited, lots of guns and gun shops all over the place, and they like it that way.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:10 PM

350 posts, read 224,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
In the rest of southern NH you get a mixture of hateful people and more reasonable people and the farther north you go in the state, the more Red it gets until it's just about all red. Some of the people can be really nasty and mean spirited, lots of guns and gun shops all over the place, and they like it that way.
Uh...okay.

Mirrors can be useful.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:03 AM

28 posts, read 26,384 times
"the farther north you go in the state, the more Red it gets until it's just about all red. Some of the people can be really nasty and mean spirited, lots of guns and gun shops all over the place,"

This person is a moderator? Who are you calling mean spirited? I live in Thornton and the people here are the nicest of any place I've lived in my 69 yrs. And, what's wrong with gun shops? You imply there is something wrong with them. You are just nasty.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:01 AM

1,093 posts, read 1,055,725 times
Quote:
In the rest of southern NH you get a mixture of hateful people and more reasonable people and the farther north you go in the state, the more Red it gets until it's just about all red. Some of the people can be really nasty and mean spirited, lots of guns and gun shops all over the place, and they like it that way.

lmao

A prime example of rabid political idiocy. It's all blind when you get to the extreme left or right.

Old 07-03-2020, 09:48 PM

1,149 posts, read 451,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHSkierGolfer View Post
"the farther north you go in the state, the more Red it gets until it's just about all red. Some of the people can be really nasty and mean spirited, lots of guns and gun shops all over the place,"

This person is a moderator? Who are you calling mean spirited? I live in Thornton and the people here are the nicest of any place I've lived in my 69 yrs. And, what's wrong with gun shops? You imply there is something wrong with them. You are just nasty.
He/She isn’t the only one. I recall the moderator of the Connecticut forum- don’t know if he still is kicking around- and a lady in one of the other forums- something correlated to some hot button issue- were both condescending, nasty, and childish in their commentary and replies to those they disagreed with. This site loves to delete, edit, and close threads over minuscule matters, but can’t get its own house in order when it comes to making sure it utilizes moderators who possess integrity.

Old 07-06-2020, 11:15 PM

795 posts, read 481,730 times
Quote:
Yes, I'd say Portsmouth is very progressive. It's a rich town, trendy town with expensive shops in the downtown and cutesy restaurants. They have a great theater, an incredible park, and always something happening. In the rest of southern NH you get a mixture of hateful people and more reasonable people and the farther north you go in the state, the more Red it gets until it's just about all red. Some of the people can be really nasty and mean spirited, lots of guns and gun shops all over the place, and they like it that way.

This is a moderator? So much for being non-bias. "Those who live in a glass house, should not throw stones" ... So tired of people who cherry pick politics to fit their agenda (usually extremist liberals and conservatives) this post happens to reek of extremism to the far left...

The further North one goes, the more rural NH becomes. The people don't become meaner and nastier as you go North, that is so inaccurate it's not even funny.

I think New Hampshire is one of the more TOLERANT states - meaning you can support either side without ostracism or retaliation from political wack jobs who are "opposition".

Old 07-06-2020, 11:19 PM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderFella7 View Post
This is a moderator? So much for being non-bias. "Those who live in a glass house, should not throw stones" ... So tired of people who cherry pick politics to fit their agenda (usually extremist liberals and conservatives) this post happens to reek of extremism to the far left...
Unfortunately hateful (Homophobia, Racism, Xenophobia) speech is not political and would be biased to not stand where he/she did. In the real world, thats a moderate stance.. not a 'liberal' stance. (?)

Anywho, I find Portsmouth itself very progressive. Around the area its a good mix. Even into the bordering Mass and Maine towns, there are good shares of mix bag political stances.

Old 07-07-2020, 12:19 AM

795 posts, read 481,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Unfortunately hateful (Homophobia, Racism, Xenophobia) speech is not political and would be biased to not stand where he/she did. In the real world, thats a moderate stance.. not a 'liberal' stance. (?)

Anywho, I find Portsmouth itself very progressive. Around the area its a good mix. Even into the bordering Mass and Maine towns, there are good shares of mix bag political stances.

I disagree. I am a fairly moderate person - who attempts to try to understand the ideologies of both sides. "The further north you go, the more red and mean spirited and nasty people become" is not a moderate stance imo. It's a deliberate attack against people who are 'red' with no mention of the nastiness of people who are 'blue'. Especially considering the question was the Portsmouth area - not further north. Why even mention further north if not to get a dig in? The only hate speech presented in that moderators post was for northern NH 'red' residents. Let's face it - both parties can have nastiness. To mention one sides flaws without mention of the other sides flaws is being bias.

Old 07-07-2020, 06:49 AM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderFella7 View Post
I disagree. I am a fairly moderate person - who attempts to try to understand the ideologies of both sides. "The further north you go, the more red and mean spirited and nasty people become" is not a moderate stance imo. It's a deliberate attack against people who are 'red' with no mention of the nastiness of people who are 'blue'. Especially considering the question was the Portsmouth area - not further north. Why even mention further north if not to get a dig in? The only hate speech presented in that moderators post was for northern NH 'red' residents. Let's face it - both parties can have nastiness. To mention one sides flaws without mention of the other sides flaws is being bias.
Again its hard for me to take sympathy for a certain side that literally has a leader (Well Supported, too) that is racist, homophobic, xenophobic and transphobic. Thats not a fair comparison to make. Loses all credibility once you attack on rights of others. I stay moderate in most countries' political parties, but the Conservative party in the US seems to have an alternative motive.

Yeah nasty and deep red, didnt see that... kind of skimmed over that and just read hateful. However, Im going to go out on a limb and say he was talking moreso Trumpsters rather actual conservatives. Because there is a stark difference between the two groups. One group hates and offends; the other does not to that etreme.

Im not a democrat either. No political party in America represents what I see. I just see a lot of hate from one group of people (Not Political Party). But I see a lot of anger from the Blue too directed at those people, which is an endless circle of games. But the two parties, and the new party, seem to live peacefully in NH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: