Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 09:26 PM

8 posts, read 46,506 times

Advertisements

Also as a student who is about to graduate from Winnacunnet High School, I would like to say that I truly believe sau 21 is one of the best school districts. I am in all the highest levels of classes and there are many dfferent levels depending on learning styles, our high school is one that changes according to STUDENT needs. Also, winnacunnet is known for having the largest and best art department in the state and perhaps even new england- its a very arts talented school. I dont care what people say about winnacunnet, it truly has made me enjoy high school and the teachers there are top notch.

I also wanted to add, it may say that Exeter is one of the top, however I would have to disagree as far as teaching goes. Exeter may be brand new, however, many kids that I know that go there say they havent learned anything, and previous to this new school, coming from the "teenage circle", exeter was known to be a high drug-using high school.

This is truly my honest opinion :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 09:44 PM

3 posts, read 7,302 times
Default Amherst is a great school system

I agree that Amherst/Mont Vernon is a great school system. I went through the Amherst school system from elementary through high school when high school was merged with Milford (MASH). I wouldn't have recommended the high school then, but the new Soughegan High School catering to Amherst and Mont Vernon (located in Amherst) has a phenomenal reputation. They are non-traditional and definitely progressive and challenge the students. If I remember correctly, the school has won awards. They encourage community service and must complete a senior project. Two examples of senior projects: Training for and Running the Boston Marathon & Creating and organizing a public riverwalk path along the soughegan river. The students have to plan a project, just as they would if they were preparing a project at a job, and see it through to the end. My parents have lived in Amherst for over 25 years and still love it there. There is a town common that looks like it's right out of a movie. It is historically maintained and is surrounded by some larger cities. Amherst is mid-way between Nashua and Manchester which makes it convenient to the highways.

Here is the link for the Soughegan High School: Souhegan High School

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAhead View Post
As a student who's just about to graduate from Souhegan High (Amherst/Mont Vernon school district), I'd just like to say that I truly believe that it is one of the best school districts in the state, as well as the country. The school has a very non-traditional, progressive approach that makes it very unique and effective. I would highly reccomend it to anybody!

Last edited by mkunkel70; 05-30-2008 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: adding hyperlink

Old 06-25-2008, 04:01 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,850,718 times
I have two at Souhegan now and another kid that will be there in a few years. We like the school....

Old 06-19-2010, 08:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,532 times
If your kids are middle school aged ----stay away from CMS

Old 06-20-2010, 06:07 AM

2 posts, read 5,359 times
Default Schools in Moultonborough are excellent

We moved to Moultonborough last December and enrolled our six year old son in Moultonborough Central School. He just finished for the Summer. We moved from Thailand. I was born and raised in Melrose, MA and attended private schools in Melrose (Saint Mary's elementary) and Newman School in Boston (high school). I graduated from Merrimack College and did some Graduate work at Northeastern University and the Harvard School of Public Health.
My wife is Thai and our son, both an American and a Thai citizen, was born in Bangkok.

I am pleased to say that our son was very well received by the school, his teachers and his fellow classmates. He is adjusting beautifully to the school and life in the States. We are very impressed by the elementary school. It is a fantastic school with fine, dedicated teachers and boasts an excellent, modern facility. I am told that the town's high school, Moultonborough Academy, is also top notch.

Moutonborough's tax rate is low compared to other towns in New Hampshire. However, the town has 168 miles of shoreline on Lake Winepausaukie (did I spell that right?) which is vastly more than any other city or town which has waterfront property. The homeowners of the many fine waterfront properties in town pay the lions' share of the tax base, which is huge. Therefore the town's folk can allow allocating more than $20,000. a year per student in the public school system. The result is having tremendous schools. And, I must admit that is why we chose Moultonborough; and, we are glad we did. It's a beautiful, peaceful town and one we are very proud to call 'home.'
The area is teeming with wildlife. Deer are abundant. We have seen dozens of turkeys; and, the day before yesterday I saw a black bear in the wild (about 300 meters from our home) for the first time.

The scenery in and around town is great and there is much to do at any time of the year.

Meredith also has fine schools, and probably also Wolfboro, etc.

Of course, there are not many jobs in the area. Much of what becomes available are seasonal positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire