Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2023, 06:41 PM

403 posts, read 771,634 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

My husband and I are going to take a road trip this summer (most likely mid August). We live in PA and will start out in Ogonquit ME for one day and then we will spend 2-3 days in VT and 2-3 in NH before driving back home. Any recommendations on areas to visit in either state with unique things to do? Preferably hoping for no more than about 3 hrs in between destinations. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2023, 03:04 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,964,783 times
Portsmouth NH is lovely to visit

Old 01-29-2023, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Portsmouth NH is lovely to visit
That's actually the one area we have been to lol! I should have mentioned that. We are leaning towards staying maybe near Twin Mtn. Any can't miss attractions near there for a 2 day stay?

Last edited by renrenbri; 01-29-2023 at 03:44 PM..

Old 01-30-2023, 08:05 AM

1,093 posts, read 1,059,379 times
Disclaimer, just tossing random area stuff out there in no particular order and without grammar checking. Always check hours before you go. A lot of the large towns put info on their Chamber of Commerce FB page. Western White Mountains CoC also has FB.

Near Carroll, I can't think of anything in a 'can't miss' category. Lots of great hiking around. Better during the week so as to find easier parking/fewer crowds.

Littleton:
"cute" walkable downtown-look on the map for their 'free parking' before you go.
Worlds longest candy counter at Chutters would be a hit for kids
Good food at Schillings and Freehouse. Little Grille and Al Burritos not too shabby as well.

Lancaster: Good beer and food at Copper Pig. Mostly handhelds, but check their specials on FB. Someone on reddit reported a couple of flat beers from them, but I have never seen it. I normally drink their lager or red while I'm eating and take home a growler of stout or porter.

Bethlehem: a couple of reported by locals to be good restaurants, but I have never been. Rek-Lis and Rosa Flamingos.

Bunch of covered bridges all over the place.

Going further south max distance an hour:
Lincoln/Woodstock should have the Ice Castles open finally. It's neat if you like that sort of stuff. There is an entrance fee---just went and reread your August timeframe, so this obviously wouldn't work but I'll leave it up anyways.
There is a water park in Lincoln, but that's a waste for just a short trip and the park is pretty small.
Try not to get abducted by aliens if you go through.

Campton: Covered Bridge restaurant

Holderness: Walter's Basin. Right there on Little Squam. I try to hit them up a couple times a month. Conveniently has a gas station nearby which often has the cheapest gas in the region(Golden Pond Country Store).

Put on the tourist hat and drive east/then south from Carroll though North Conway then up over the Kanc to Lincoln. Bring a camera and take great pics from the many pulloffs. Another 'walkable' downtown in North Conway. Eat in either North Conway or Lincoln. I like Barley & Salt in NC(great beer selection and tasty fish & chips), but it is pricey and always noisy when I go through.

Be sure to hit up the liquor stores and spend money

Old 01-30-2023, 08:20 AM

Lol! Aliens in the water park huh? Thank you this is all great information!

Old 01-30-2023, 02:09 PM

1,093 posts, read 1,059,379 times
Near there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barney..._Hill_incident

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire