Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 06:26 AM

263 posts, read 859,130 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this site. I have a small in-home daycare and for the summer I am caring for a 7 year old, a 2 1/2 year old and a 1 1/2 year old besides my own 9 year old son being home.
I am in Candia (between Raymond and Manchester) and wondering where the best parks/playgrounds are for all ages??
Yesterday we went to Don Ball Park in Derry which was great!! But I'm looking for a few more suggestions?? And if you happen to have pics of them, that would be great. I've been researching online and can't seem to find pics of any parks in the area!! The pic attached is of the park I mentioned.

Thanks so much!
Nicole
Attached Thumbnails
where are the best playgrounds?-dbhplayground.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 07:13 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,942,077 times
Hi Nicole
Welcome to the NH forum. My kids are past the playground stage, but good playgrounds are so important (I'm in Londonderry, and as of yet, we have NO public playgrounds, only the ones at the elementary schools)

You might want to check out the Derryfield Playground in Manchester, lots to do there, good solid play structures. Field of Dream in Salem is one of my favorite places, haven't been in a few years, but again, lots to do, climb on, some little trails, a pond for frog watching/catching (watch out for turtles though!). There's a nice park in Hooksett, on Main St, just off of Route 3. I can't remember the name of the park but it's right there near the ball fields. Hmmm, there's a really nice park on Range Road in Windham, can't think of the name of that one either! But it's right next to the farm stand, great to pick up some fruit before or after your visit to the park.
Have fun!!

Old 07-08-2008, 09:30 AM

282 posts, read 1,185,940 times
There is a great big wooden playground in Merrimack NH. Livingston Park in Manchester is great--shaded play area, walk way around Dorr's pond, etc.........there is a small park in Auburn NH right across from Lake Masabesic which is nice. White's Park in Concord is great and there is a nice public playground in Bow NH. These are kid tested parks!!! Good luck!

Old 07-08-2008, 10:30 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,942,077 times
Ohhh me bad---I think I meant to say Livingston Park (that's the one right across from The Backroom, right?) Now that I'm thinking about it, Derryfield Park (Bridge Street?) doesn't have much, tennis courts, fields, etc. Sorry for posting mis-information!!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:44 AM

282 posts, read 1,185,940 times
That is okay Valerie, we'll forgive you. Derryfield is nice too.............it is just all in the sun--no shade at all, which on a day like this---forget it!!!

Old 07-08-2008, 07:26 PM

33 posts, read 147,121 times
I was just going to say Field of Dreams in Salem! It's located on the same street as the Salem Boys and Girls Club, Salem High, and the DMV. Awesome, awesome playground, one in which I grew up playing on. Your kids will love it.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:35 AM

Thanks for all of the suggestions. It sounds like a few of you really like Field of Dreams. Maybe that will be our next adventure. Today we are going to the Met in Derry. It's hard to come up with things to do that my 9 year old will like as well as the 2 year olds!!! I have a feeling the Met won't interest my son all that much, but he's a great kid and I know he'll just "go with the flow."
Thanks again everyone.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:39 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,302,661 times
Talking very nice play ground

if you ever head out towards portsmouth there's a nice place out at new castle called the island common. i used to take my kids there all the time. it's right at the entrance to portsmouth harbor and has great veiws and a very nice play ground. they also have a beach there and picnic area. here are some pic's of the veiws

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm112/JFRRACING/100_2360.jpg (broken link)

This pic is looking over torwards kittery

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm112/JFRRACING/100_2359.jpg (broken link)

this pic is looking out towards the iles of sholes. which is the island you can see in the distance

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm112/JFRRACING/100_2357.jpg (broken link)

this is the coast guard station that's out there. if you walk over to the left of this pic you will walk right on to the beach. this is a very nice place with public bathrooms and grills to cook. like i said i used to take my kids here all the time. they loved it so much they never wanted to go home.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:40 AM

If anyone out there is interested....a woman has started a website that lists places to take children and she puts her reviews of the places on there too. It's nice.
You can check it out at One Mother's review of places to bring children in New England

Have a great day!!

Old 07-14-2008, 07:12 AM

1,281 posts, read 3,702,676 times
Default even has berry picking places :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakiedoodle View Post
If anyone out there is interested....a woman has started a website that lists places to take children and she puts her reviews of the places on there too. It's nice.
You can check it out at One Mother's review of places to bring children in New England

Have a great day!!
Awesome blog and what a resource - thanks for sharing what you found!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire