Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 02:12 PM

8 posts, read 13,399 times

Advertisements

No, we are not nuts, just miss New England, Need information on the Tamworth, North Conway area, If I'm heading north, let it snow!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 02:54 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,248,462 times
I don't think your nuts at all. I know exactly what your talking about. I was born and lived in N.H. for 47 years before moving down to Florida 9 years ago. We bought a cabin up in Effingham a couple years ago and am just waiting to sell this place in Florida to return to N.H. for good. We will be just south of the Tamworth, Conway area.We really like that area. It has everything we need .Good Luck with your move.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:16 PM

599 posts, read 1,653,311 times
New Hampshire sounds like a dream. I really hope we get to move there.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:16 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
New here first post. I live in Tamworth, so what is it you want to know?

I came to this site looking for hints on finding work. Things are a tad slow here for labor techs, like mechanics, carpenters and the like. Things are better for social workers.

Last night was around 0 degrees F, and there is snow maybe 16 inches deep in the door yard. Ain't no bugs!

Just call me Mac... most sites have all the mac's taken... The muz is for muzzeloaders, as I am something of a fan of the old days and ways.

I'll peek in here every so often since i don't see anything like help for me. mac

Old 01-24-2010, 03:28 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,248,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
New here first post. I live in Tamworth, so what is it you want to know?

I came to this site looking for hints on finding work. Things are a tad slow here for labor techs, like mechanics, carpenters and the like. Things are better for social workers.

Last night was around 0 degrees F, and there is snow maybe 16 inches deep in the door yard. Ain't no bugs!

Just call me Mac... most sites have all the mac's taken... The muz is for muzzeloaders, as I am something of a fan of the old days and ways.

I'll peek in here every so often since i don't see anything like help for me. mac
I have a 54 cal. Traditions myself.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:30 PM

Oh can I get off topic easy....

On edit:
For a while now I have been thinking about Fla. It must be warmer, and then the grass has gotta be greener than here. At this point I am none to sure there is any grass, and if asked i couldn't prove there was, but there used to be ....last summer.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:06 PM

Phew, glad to know there are others out there. My husband used to hunt in Effingham, we lived in the Rochester / Dover area when we headed south 15 years ago. It took us 3 years and 3 months to sell in the Naples / Fort Myers area. We sold so that when we are ready to head north we can. We will rent for another year or so till our finances are kind of in order lol. I worked in Portsmouth and drove home many a night in ice storms sooooooooo. I figured oh well let just get away from the coast a bit and snow I can handle. All the family is there so, I think we should head home. Florida is pretty but also has its drawbacks (Hurricanes for one)

Old 01-24-2010, 04:19 PM

Ayha, we'er still somewhere. You didn't ask any questions i can tell, but then I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed either.

Here's a little snow fer ya anyway. The pic is fuzzy, incase you think it's you..

Old 01-24-2010, 04:23 PM

HI, just curious about the friendliness of people. You know those Damn Yankee stories, not that I ever met any. It is so artificial here(too many millionaires down here in Naples) not us of course, we work for a living and really glad that we have a job. Not too many of them here. Unemployment is at 14% OUCH. We will be retiring soon and much prefer the very simple things in life soooo back home we will go. Maybe just a part time job for sanity reasons.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:30 PM

Uh well if that is the question, why we'er still mean and ornery as normal, We still eat tourists, and give what's left over to the bears.

If you bring me some sunshine, I'll see what we can do in yer case...

I wuz thinkin' which is rare, but if you look at that picture and start a' shiverin' it does come into a better focus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire