Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 02:11 PM

14 posts, read 44,117 times

Advertisements

I have lived in New Jersey for 35 years and I still havent found "Pitman" I am not sure it actually exists. But here is your answer. For 155 you can get a chicken coop in Haddonfield a Victorian in Lindenwold or a stately mansion in Camden. You can live either place. Its totally up to you. I would take a shot with the nice house in Lindenwold. Forget Camden with kids. These towns end up being all the same in the end. You just pay for the name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 03:29 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,876,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecrowe1218 View Post
I heard Winslow township school district is terrible. Is that the same with Gloucester Township?
The three high schools that Gloucester Twp. kids go to are alright, not the greatest. I would say they are definitely better than Winslow Twp. High School though. As for kindergarten/elementary school, your kids will be fine wherever they go. I find it funny when people on this forum caution others about "bad" elementary schools.

Not to derail the thread, but I was wondering why Gloucester Twp. never developed the strong identity that other townships in the area have? Mailing addresses and the fire districts go by the local cdp name rather than the township. Nobody really says they are from Echelon (Voorhees) or Springdale (Cherry Hill), but people are more likely to say they are from Glendora/Erial/Blackwood than Gloucester Twp.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:45 PM

267 posts, read 950,380 times
[quote=cminj;19558397]I have lived in New Jersey for 35 years and I still havent found "Pitman" I am not sure it actually exists.quote]

It's hard to get a feel for what you are going with that thought... What exactly do you mean?

PS--Sorry, I butchered the quote above somehow.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:51 AM

681 posts, read 1,512,345 times
I would not just blindly pick a town on your budget. Lindenwold schools can be "Camden Lite" depending on the kids yours falls in with. Pitman is right up 55 South, exit 36? About 20 minutes from Philly by car. Do your homework carefully on schools in NJ.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:28 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,861,256 times
Your best bet in your budget range is probably going to be towns like Runnemede, Somerdale, Stratford, Audubon, Oaklyn... the blue collar towns with decent schools and affordable houses.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:22 AM

13 posts, read 23,708 times
Thanks everybody for your input. We have decided to stay in Philly and have found a house in the NE that we like.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:39 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,876,438 times
you will see that you have made a mistake.... Sad to say....

Old 06-29-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecrowe1218 View Post
Thanks everybody for your input. We have decided to stay in Philly and have found a house in the NE that we like.
You'll be fine, I have several friends who live over there who are doing great. Plus you already live there so you know it better than any of us. Just make sure you're 100% about that decision before you commit.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:18 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,876,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
You'll be fine, I have several friends who live over there who are doing great. Plus you already live there so you know it better than any of us. Just make sure you're 100% about that decision before you commit.

actually I lived there almost 50 years so I know better then most here how bad the schools and quality of life is there.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
actually I lived there almost 50 years so I know better then most here how bad the schools and quality of life is there.
Yeah I know, but the OP made her final decision so we should respect that. Like I said, if my friends can manage to live there and be fine, so can the OP. My post wasn't a response to yours, it was just a bit of encouragement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia